Frame plugs Q

mjrfd99

Registered
Picked up some e-bay plugs, plyable and seem to be a tight fit. Should I put a spot of silicome to hold em in or just press em in?

They don't see any stress so I would say just press them in, better to buy new plugs than have to clean crap off the frame.

A few of the ones I got off ebay were meap. Only the small ones were able to fit and stay without teaching it tricks.

I got mine on e-bay for $10.00.

2 of them I had to sand down the diameter to fit.

The other 3 where just fine..
HPIM5398 [50%].jpg
HPIM5399 [50%].jpg

HPIM5398 [50%].jpg

HPIM5399 [50%].jpg

Have any of you ever just tried going to say a Lowe's or Home Depot and just looking at their hardware dept. like where they have all the specialty nuts & bolts/fasteners? Most carry a good variety of different style's & sizes plastic & metal hole plugs such as the one's pictured, they are the same as sold on e-bay and only cost a $1 or $2 a piece. They can be dyed or painted to match what you need, or the chrome metal ones can be powder coated. Besides they come in black,grey & chrome already.

link to some plugs:
Heyco Hole Plugs

Hole-Plug-4HFT6_AS01.JPG

201326-a.jpg

5-01.jpg

I've got the really fancy ones. Threaded rod goes through the frame to the other side. Fit, finish & look is fantastic!

Dsc04051.jpg

Dsc04049.jpg

Dsc04048.jpg

Dsc04051.jpg

Dsc04049.jpg

Dsc04048.jpg

I need to figure what size I need for the left side pivot cover and make a trip to Lowes. I had the ebay rubber kit which worked good enough but the big one on the left side came off.

I just got some of these too. I am not sure if they were from the same people. Lawst Caws in Florida. I dont think there is anything wrong with a dab of silicon, it cleans up easy enough. I thought the packaging was clever how they taped the instructions and the product to the inside of the UPS box. The instructions say that the big plugs can be knocked out by poor riding skills! I think they mean that boots can catch them and pop the bigger ones out. The finish on them looks great, I'll pop them in later and try to take a pic or two.

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

I had the ones from asia but same thing. Shifting gears must have knocked the left one out. I ended up getting the chrome plugs as a gift.

Back