Valve Stem install

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
If you can break the bead without removing the wheel you can do this on the bike. I could not, and had to remove the wheel/tire. I did not remove the tire.

1. Bust the bead, cut the rubber stem off, be careful not to drop the inside piece of the rubber stem inside the tire. I used a small screw driver to guide it to safety.
2. Insert the rubber seal and metal valve stem, turning it clockwise and a little silicon makes it easier.
3 Make sure it faces the right side of the wheel, install the nut using a 14mm socket. It will bottom out when tight.
4. Inflate the tire.

001.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Ok Uncle Steve..now show the pics of this new trackbike you are riding......

One thing I will add,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, remove the valve stem and reinstall prior to installation as insurance against having a bad experience with the stem after the install.

I installed one that ended up pulling the threads the first time I removed the stem. Just a little headsup note that may save you some heartache.

One thing I will add,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, remove the valve stem and reinstall prior to installation as insurance against having a bad experience with the stem after the install.

I installed one that ended up pulling the threads the first time I removed the stem. Just a little headsup note that may save you some heartache.

You should not use a 4ft pipe wrench on them.:rofl:

Oh the times I've enjoyed getting my hands all mucked up at a rest area checking tire pressures. Never fails.

I saw a cat at Deals Gap during the Spring Bash riding a Triumph Daytona that had side mounted stems from the factory. I'd love a pair, but don't want to pay someone to install them. No tire changer available and I also don't trust myself to mess with the tires that much.

Are they worth $29? They appear to be. I'd probably check my tire pressures a lot more often than once every two weeks or on long trips.

Group Buy?????

Oh the times I've enjoyed getting my hands all mucked up at a rest area checking tire pressures. Never fails.

I saw a cat at Deals Gap during the Spring Bash riding a Triumph Daytona that had side mounted stems from the factory. I'd love a pair, but don't want to pay someone to install them. No tire changer available and I also don't trust myself to mess with the tires that much.

Are they worth $29? They appear to be. I'd probably check my tire pressures a lot more often than once every two weeks or on long trips.

Group Buy?????

Yes they are worth it.
Tire pressure is very critical.
I run monitors, so I always know the pressure and temp of the tires.

Group Buy?????

^^^ +1

Group Buy?????

They are well worth it, I love mine, Makes it alot easier all the way around, Great writeup Steve:thumbsup:

I have those too and I love them. I was sick of getting my hands stuck in there and letting in /out too much air. They also don't leak at high speeds I am told due to the angle.

Just get a pair and wait until your next tire change. They didn't even charge me to put them in. Be sure to tell the shop to turn the stems to the same side of the bike!

Back