Camera mounted on the bike?

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
I tried this yesterday for the first time. I don't have a cam dedicated to use on the bike yet, so this was just a trial run with my Canon T2i. The cotton and painter's tape are covering the built-in microphone. That task will require a bit more experimentation to perfect. Anyway, someone asked to see how it was mounted, so here ya go. It's just a simple RAM Mount.

I also noticed that Windows Live Movie Maker significantly reduced my video quality from the original file. What's up with that?

Here it is... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/150422-jackwagon-cager-day.html

Anybody else got pics of different mounting options for on-board cams?

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

DSCN1684.jpg

DSCN1685.jpg

Looks good! I'd be worried about vibration though. Not for the picture quality, but for the good of the camera.. Just my $.02

Video looks good though!

Looks good! I'd be worried about vibration though. Not for the picture quality, but for the good of the camera.. Just my $.02

Video looks good though!

I was also concerned about that. This definitely won't be a regular job for my DSLR.

What kind of phone do you have? i use my bb. Your set-up does look sturdy and better than my bb but i've never taken the time to mount it right.

I have an iPhone 3GS. I've never really played with the video much. It may be up to the task for a temporary fix.

i know you are looking for onboard options but i use a gopro and these are 2 of the mounts i like best...on the helmet i think is best as you can turn the camera in any direction to film anything as when you had the truck cut you off you could have turned your head and recorded the dumb look on his face:whistle:

well youtube is being a pain so no video right now,when i get it sorted i will repost the videos

Id be leery about the vibes messin something up. Want do it with my cannon. Mirrors,lens or something like that. Let me know how it works. Gorilla pod it to the bike..lol

That ram ball mount is the trick for sure. Not many vibs make it through that thing. I run my GPS on the same setup and it doesn't seem to care at all.

i know you are looking for onboard options but i use a gopro and these are 2 of the mounts i like best...on the helmet i think is best as you can turn the camera in any direction to film anything as when you had the truck cut you off you could have turned your head and recorded the dumb look on his face:whistle:

well youtube is being a pain so no video right now,when i get it sorted i will repost the videos

I've thought about doing a helmet mount, but haven't felt so good about putting an adhesive product on my shell. I'd like to see your videos when you get them sorted.

That ram ball mount is the trick for sure. Not many vibs make it through that thing. I run my GPS on the same setup and it doesn't seem to care at all.

I like this setup, but I do miss my dark windscreen. I'll probably end up with something like the Contour+ if I can find one for a good price. Do you have a GoPro?

Back