price 7x14 trailer

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
So what do you guys feel is a good price for a 7 or 7.5 x 14ft enclosed trailer? I'm thinking a tandem axle vs. single.

What sort of options should I be looking for? Also what's the normal interioir height of these? I hope 6ft.

Anyone who has one this size let me know your experience... do you wish it was bigger/smaller?

I think that is about the perfect size. I definitely would not go thinner than 7 ft wide myself, it makes life much easier when towing side by side bikes. (not to mention less downward stress on the fairings or wherever your straps are.

Interior height varies per manufacturer and model, some short and some tall. Electric brakes are a huge plus. V-nose instead of flat nose really helps on mpg more than you would think.

Tap on the walls inside and see how flimsy they are. Most will give some but you'll notice a difference in brands and how strong they are made. Vents help circulate air. Interior lighting is a plus. Look for strong tie downs, preferebly inset into the floor.

Rear ramp is a huge plus...

Prices on trailers have sky rocketed. I sold one for $400 more than I purchased it for and still could have gotten a few hundred more if I wanted to.

There is a thread on here a about 5 months ago showing a fella who claims he can get trailers out of GA extremely cheap brand new.

Probly about 2500 Is a fair price. I paid just over 1900 for m 6x12. Howece I couldve gotten the same trailer in GA for 1650 OTD I just couldnt get down there without it costing just as much at the 1900 one.

yea, going down to GA would be one hell of a haul and $$$.

I'll add electric brake assist to my list. :beerchug:

Is there any benefit to a torsion bar suspension vs. leaf spring? I'm sure the ol' leaf setup is cheaper.

As far as the prices is that because it's a seasonal item? Am I shopping during the wrong season?

I am probably selling my 7x16 dual axle vnose .... pulls great but havent used it for a year and its just sitting....

153631d1249846073-7x16-vnose-finally-bought-one-img015.jpg

153633d1249846093-7x16-vnose-finally-bought-one-img016.jpg

Oh yeah mine is on Long Island so the drive is WAY shorter :whistle:

good to know your close. I was looking at 12ft. but I know the 14 would more than do for my needs. The 16 is just huge. Of course if the price is right that can always sway me. :laugh:
I am probably selling my 7x16 dual axle vnose .... pulls great but havent used it for a year and its just sitting....

153631d1249846073-7x16-vnose-finally-bought-one-img015.jpg

153633d1249846093-7x16-vnose-finally-bought-one-img016.jpg

Oh yeah mine is on Long Island so the drive is WAY shorter :whistle:

good to know your close. I was looking at 12ft. but I know the 14 would more than do for my needs. The 16 is just huge. Of course if the price is right that can always sway me. :laugh:

she is a big girl for sure, but can haul 4 busas no problema :laugh:

I'm probably in the 3500 range for it for an org member, probably would list it for more locally to fend off low ball offers (it is Long Island after all :laugh: :whistle:) Mine already has e track in the floor for tie downs but still on the fence but pretty sure its going on the block this spring

For me at max I only need to haul maybe two bikes and a scooter. It's a little easier for me to stay friends with my neighbers with a smaller trailer. :laugh: Of course sill keep me posted if you do plan on selling before it's listed to the public. Hmmm outerbeltway with a huge trailer would be an interesting experience. :laugh:
she is a big girl for sure, but can haul 4 busas no problema :laugh:

I'm probably in the 3500 range for it for an org member, probably would list it for more locally to fend off low ball offers (it is Long Island after all :laugh: :whistle:) Mine already has e track in the floor for tie downs but still on the fence but pretty sure its going on the block this spring

I'll vouch for Zuk's trailer, it hauled me to the bash last year. It was brand new then and I'm sure its still in the same condition. :thumbsup:

Droid Via Tapatalk

yea, going down to GA would be one hell of a haul and $$$.

I'll add electric brake assist to my list. :beerchug:

Is there any benefit to a torsion bar suspension vs. leaf spring? I'm sure the ol' leaf setup is cheaper.

As far as the prices is that because it's a seasonal item? Am I shopping during the wrong season?

I have both torsion and leaf sitting here and never really paid much attention to the difference...my guess is springs might have a little more give than a torsion bar which can act like a sway bar (I don't think you'll have issues either way)

The only real difference I notice is changing the tires...the leafs are sometimes connected with a shackle that allows them articulate in a funny manner and you have to use two jacks. But at the same time, they can be smoother over slow bumps (speed bumps, etc) because of this articulation, Speaking only on tandem.

PS:::I'm all about trailers, and that black V-nose is nuttin but sweet~!!~ :whistle:

Should show some pics inside...

Something you'll notice, trailers are very different on their suspension set up...I have a couple with leafs, and all are different. One does not have the articulating center pivot shackle, and if you lift one axle it also lifts the other. Sometimes these are better if you have a flat because it takes some of the weight off the wheel with no air. On the articulating suspension, the same amount of weight stays on the wheel with no air.

Too many things to worry about now, just look for the obvious and get you a nice trailer~!~ :laugh:

PS:::I'm all about trailers, and that black V-nose is nuttin but sweet~!!~ :whistle:

Should show some pics inside...
Thanks! If I keep it I'm going to made some modifications to it for a AC unit and a couple of fold down beds in the front (think toy hauler on a budget :whistle:)

Here is the only pic I have of the inside at the moment... its a little cavernous at times but does a great job hauling. Put the e-track in so that you can secure one bike or four and have 2 extra 5' pieces that I thought about putting on the walls but didn't need for the bash run :thumbsup:

208149d1293045860-bike-hauler-trailerinside.jpg

I'll vouch for Zuk's trailer, it hauled me to the bash last year. It was brand new then and I'm sure its still in the same condition. :thumbsup:

Droid Via Tapatalk

:beerchug::beerchug:

Yeah we got two gen 2s up front and my gen 1 and Froggy's wide azz long one in the second row with plenty of room to spare :thumbsup:

http://www.trailershopper.com/

They have every make model and shape known to man....

I bought a trailer from south GA and got it for right about 2K. Came with 9 D- Rings in the floor, Spare Tire, and two loading jacks to support the trailer when not connected to a hitch.

Picture001.jpg

Picture025.jpg

thanks for the link. Not the greatest webb site though. I hate when the price says "call" instead of listing the actual price. :banghead: I'll still keep note of the site though.

http://www.trailershopper.com/

They have every make model and shape known to man....

I bought a trailer from south GA and got it for right about 2K. Came with 9 D- Rings in the floor, Spare Tire, and two loading jacks to support the trailer when not connected to a hitch.

Thanks for the pics Zuk, very sweet hauler you have there~!~ :thumbsup:

Wish I would have kept my 7x10 enclosed, missed it ever since

Mine is 8' wide so it will haul a car too. I recommend one with a 6' 6" roof height if you intend on working out of it. Roof vents are a good option to have.

100_0577%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Attachments

• trailer recent.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 849
Originaly I thought about the 8ft wide but I really don't need that much width. For sure I'll keep in mind the 6.6ft interior height. I hate that feeling like your head is about to hit the roof. You subconciously always scrunch your head down.
Mine is 8' wide so it will haul a car too. I recommend one with a 6' 6" roof height if you intend on working out of it. Roof vents are a good option to have.

Back