Gen 1 Motor Mount tools

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have the Gen 1 motor mount sockets that they would be willing to rent,loan, or sell to me?

I think I smoked my motor last night.

I'd rather not buy them if someone isn't using them for a couple months.

I'd like to get them ASAP to see what kind of damage I'm looking at.

Thanks for the help!

Bump... come on someone has to have some they would be willing to rent to me..... I need to get this motor out and repaired if I want to have a chance at the midwest meet n greet. :dunno:

Bump... come on someone has to have some they would be willing to rent to me..... I need to get this motor out and repaired if I want to have a chance at the midwest meet n greet. :dunno:

I have some that I've made. If I don't wind up needing them to fix anything on mine (it was wrecked yesterday) I'll rent em to you. It's gonna be next week before the insurance adjuster comes out, though.

And as long as I get em back I can send you the money back.

hmmm I may take you up on that... I just need to get at this ASAP. My whole motor may need to be torn completely apart!

hmmm I may take you up on that... I just need to get at this ASAP. My whole motor may need to be torn completely apart!

Well, if you're in a real bind, you can just do what I did. Take an old socket, mark the grove locations on the socket and grind down the space in between the marks on the socket. Then voila! You have engine mount sockets!

Sounds like your lifters are pecking but I don't know anything about a turbo engine. I have some I made for a gsxr1000. I'll see if they fit my gen 1 tonight when I get home. If they fit, you pay shipping and leave a deposit. The deposit will be returned to you when I recieve the tools back in the same shape you recieved them.

Fstbusa is a good guy, I'm sure you'll get you tools back. Just keep him away from swinging lawn furniture. :laugh:

Droid via Tapatalk

Fstbusa is a good guy, I'm sure you'll get you tools back. Just keep him away from swinging lawn furniture. :laugh:

Droid via Tapatalk

hey I didn't hit the ground.... that should count for something!!

Hey sorry for the delay in my response, I just check the mounts on the busa are bigger than the tool I made for the GSXR 1000 mounts. I would recommend what Zoinks said, find a socket and marks the tits you need then grind away the rest. Good luck and keep us updated on what you find out is wrong. Also we will require many pictures of the process:thumbsup:

Hey sorry for the delay in my response, I just check the mounts on the busa are bigger than the tool I made for the GSXR 1000 mounts. I would recommend what Zoinks said, find a socket and marks the tits you need then grind away the rest. Good luck and keep us updated on what you find out is wrong. Also we will require many pictures of the process:thumbsup:

Thats alright, A fellow board member offered up his for me to rent. I got the busa stripped down and ready to yank the motor....

IMG_6431.jpg

Back