question about busa luggage

busa 08

Registered
i am getting a hayabusa gen 2 08 and i am going to be touring orkney on it with my son in july, the question i have is where would i get the luggage from i like the SW Motech side and rear racks with Givi boxes.and also how much would this set up cost

You could also look at saddlemen.com they have an awesome set up for $119 that fits right over the back seat and still looks great.

PM Justin from Honda East.
He can get anything at Twisted Throttle for cheaper. TRUST ME!!

SW Motech is good stuff!!

His username is Honda East Justin

Pashnit sells the Ventura system. I've had mine about 2 years now and love it. There are a few others on here with it as well.

I went with a SW Motech Trax Aluma-Box. 37 liter side boxes and racks and couldn't be happier. The Givi boxes are a great way to go too, it's just a preference of what you want.

The racks, install kit, 2 boxes, and carry handles rank me $1k.

I got a set of RKA expandable saddle bags from Pashnit last year. Great stuff. They stayed in place despite long stints at triple digits. I also have the RKA tail bag which is perfect for day trips. High quality stuff.

Hey Busa 08, when you say Orkney I'm assuming Orkney in Scotland? If so then if you want to go down the SW/Givi route try these guys out, I've bought both sets of Heli Bars from them with no problems. wwwbykebitz.co.uk, Now I myself run soft luggage, stuff I've had for years and would look at the new stuff from Oxford, they seem robust get good write up in the Magazines like Ride and the like.Hope this helps. And hope the weather stays good for you as I 've done it a couple of times and had both heavy rain and sunshine each making the views stunning and different.

i know corbin had hard luggage set ups but i also know there a touch pricey as well ,

i have ventura touring gear and i think there exellent

I bought some harley luggage off the internet (second hand) and seem to always be using this little round bag ,it came with 4 bags,slightly larger than this one,but they all strap up under the seat,very easy and reasonably priced and like new for 100dollars.

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

yep it is orkney in scotland gloryboys :beerchug: for the info guys i already have tech 7 soft luggage ie tank bag, panniers, tail pack, but when i put it on the gixxer 750 it scratched the paint work :spank: and i am not keen to use them on the 08 busa as its mint condition with only 3600 miles on it that was the main reason for putting hard luggage on the bike

I think it's Nelson Rigg, but I bought the soft bags, fully adjustable and pops on and off the bike in seconds and carries in the room. Had them on my '06 and used them on my '08, never a scratch.

yep it is orkney in scotland gloryboys :beerchug: for the info guys i already have tech 7 soft luggage ie tank bag, panniers, tail pack, but when i put it on the gixxer 750 it scratched the paint work :spank: and i am not keen to use them on the 08 busa as its mint condition with only 3600 miles on it that was the main reason for putting hard luggage on the bike
Hi ya, I've not long returned from the Orkneys from a 3 month drilling job. awesome part of the world, steeped in history and some nice roads, not big or long but nice. Fuel is silly money be warned! I've got touratec kit to use on mine, but now thinking of hard luggage. If you need some pointers regarding the Orkneys drop me a line

RKA's here as well.. Side bags and rear seat bag.. Using the stuff for over 3 years now. Yes the side bags over time will leave scratches. especially from road grime. I recommend using 3M clear on your side rear fairing.. cut them to shape. you can't tell they are there. save your paint.:beerchug:

Soft bags are Ok the problem happens when it rains or you want to go somewhere and leave tha bags in the bike. I prefer the hard cases and the busa does not complains very when ride with them.. I have the Motech suports and two lateral V35 and a V46 Top case

Anyway all options are good just take the one that fits you best :beerchug:

Soft bags are Ok the problem happens when it rains or you want to go somewhere and leave tha bags in the bike. I prefer the hard cases and the busa does not complains very when ride with them.. I have the Motech suports and two lateral V35 and a V46 Top case

Anyway all options are good just take the one that fits you best :beerchug:

how many litres is your motech

The cases are Givi, the motech supports can carry various bags of diferent brands (you just have to choose one before you buy)

Two Givi V35 - 35 Litres each one

Top Case Givi V46 - 46 Litres

More than enough :thumbsup:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back