What is the stock height on a GEN 2?

04Duramax

Registered
Let the flaming begin.. but here's my thing.... I bought the bike used with about 1K on it.. and it came with a slew of add on's and accessories. No one that I ride with on a regular basis has a busa.. but I ran into a guy this weekend at a gas station with a GEN 2 and his looked a little higher in the backend than mine. I looked at the rear links and everything looks stock but for some reason looks lowered.. I am just curious as to if anyone knows what the distance is suppose to be from the ground to the bottom of the rear fairing or the distance between the rear tire and fairing... Thanks.

04duramax, my unscientific measurement from top of tire going up until it hits is 6.5" inches, sitting on sidestand. my 09 is stock.

Post up some side shots of it. It looks lowered from your sig pic, but that angle could be deceiving.

This is the only decent one I got that's at about a straight on.

busantri.jpg

Is that a 190/55 or a 200/50 series tire? I think it looks bigger than the stock 190/50 and that the rear height may be stock(if it's a bigger tire it may give the illusion of a lowered rear end, but I can't tell from the picture). It should have aftermarket links(dog bones) if it's dropped only 1" to 1.5". They are easy to tell apart from stock.

The guy before you may have backed the preload spring way soft and that might make it a little lower too.

Hmmm well I measured it out and I only have just under 5" of clearence between the tire and undertail.

It is a 190/55 tire on it.

Well I finally got in there to take a pic of the rear links.. and sure as heck they are adjustable.. infact I can still drop it about another .5" if I wanted to.. don't think I will though. So I'm guessing it's dropped about an inch in the rear.. finding new aftermarket pieces on this thing everyday. i know it's hard to see in my crappy cell phone pic's with a flashlight but the ends have adjustable nuts on them. Anyone know what type these might be off hand?? Just curious.

lower1.jpg

lower2.jpg

Back