Helmet's

Helmet's - what brand u have and thoughts of it.

• AGV

Votes: 256 100.0%
  • HJC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOLAN

• SHOEI

• ARAI

• SUOMY

• VEMAR

• ICON

• KBC

• OTHER

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two Shoei RF900s. One of them is the Hayabusa one that matches the '02 silver/gray, while the other is the TC5 Blade in the silver/gray which also matches the bike to a "T." I'm going to have to find something else, or get them painted with the new paint. I actually like the Venmar (sp?). Isn't that the carbon fiber one?rock.gif If so, then I love that helmet. Actually considering it if I could ever get some reviews on it. I think BT was looking for one of the CF helmets also, and hasn't had any luck.

I also love the Jarow with the inner lens which slides down. That's a cool helmet.

I have an ARAI SIGNET, matches my 04 le. All red. Quiet, lots of vents, fits great.

I have an arai quantumf reentry. I love this helmet it's great. the fit is awsome and it is way lighter than the HJC i was using. I am also able to turn my head farther and my vision side to side is better.

I also have an arai quantum. I bought it so tight(like Arai preaches) it gave me a headache for a week. Fits incredible now. That being said, It is way too loud! Shoei is so much quieter! Vents are great though. I bought one of those under helmet wind guards that cut the noise level by at least 30%, but it is a big pain in the ass, and still not as quiet as the Shoei!

More important that anything else is fit. If it is loose or tight in certain parts then even if the helmet only costs a dollar it is too expensive. I bought a KBC because that was the one that fit me the best.

Love my IICON... dirt cheap... light weight...

No so tough though. I don't think it'll last too long.

Shoei synchrotec,offbrand p.o.s., and a Axo RR6 carbon but will probably buy another on e soon,looking at an Arai.:)

Suomy Spec 1R its very light and comfortable and I just bought a Shoei X-11. cool.gif

Icon Mainframe. I like the way it fits and feels. Looks cool too.

Shoei F1000 for me. I liked the Arai, but the fit wasn't right for me.

Plus, the Shoei is easy to replace quickly when you accidentally fill your helmet with a gallon or so of premium in the middle of a road trip wink.gif

Hayden replica...And my old Arai helmets, Kinda partial to the Arai brand

Helmets_one_star_005.jpg

How do you fill your helmet with premium?! You do mean gas, right? I'm trying to picture how this can even happen. That will kill any ride.

Lazor flip face , with a snowmobile shield that Never fogs . Alot of companies offer snowmobile shields for thier helmets .

How do you fill your helmet with premium?!  You do mean gas, right?  I'm trying to picture how this can even happen.  That will kill any ride.
Road trip last year with some buds. We're in the middle of Utah, on the way to Moab, after riding 350 miles + getting tired.

hang the helmet on the left end of the bar (dumb), sitting on the bike as I'm pumping the gas (bad idea). The gas pump locks open, gas tank fills up, and the pump doesn't unlock. Instant gas-fountain over a hot engine (+ me) causes a mild panic. Pull the pump out of the bike to point it anywhere BUT the bike - in this case to my left, passing the helmet which manages to take on a couple of cups of gas. I dumped about a gallon of gas on the ground before I could get the damn pump lock undone.....I nearly dumped the bike in the middle of all this, but somehow my legs held it up before it tipped.....

The helmet was destroyed, so I ended up riding brains-out for the remaining 60 or so miles- Utah has no helmet law, luckily. Called helmetshop.com the next day and had a new one over-nighted.

If you ever saw Zoolander, it kinda looked like that. I was really pissed at the time, but we have a good laugh about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back