New Owner

Highliner

Registered
Hi All, Just thought I would say hi and introduce myself. Recently bought my first busa this spring after my harley got stolen last fall. Due to my longish commute, I wanted something that would be good on the highway as well as being fun to just cruise around on. After going to a few dealers and sitting on a few bikes, I chose the busa. I found a good deal on a 2000 locally and bought it.

The bike is almost stock, the previous owner had butchered the undertail install, so I ended up reworking the aftermarket piece with some aluminum and fiberglass filler to make it accept the factory taillight again, which I prefer over the two round leds. I have ordered smoked lenses for both tail and front turn signals.

The carbon fibre front fender was also in horrible shape, the finish was dull as well as being almost worn through to the fibers. I polished it up best I could, then shot some clear on it, and it is looking great again :)

I now need new mirrors (bike came with none), i am hoping to find something inexpensive that looks nice.

Should have her on the road hopefully this week! Can't wait!!

Welcome to the oRg. Curious about your name. Lineman by trade?

No, it has nothing to do with my trade. I work on turbine equipment on a natural gas pipeline. It is actually a name I brought over from a boating forum that I belong to. (my poor girlfriend has a lot of competition lol)

No, it has nothing to do with my trade. I work on turbine equipment on a natural gas pipeline. It is actually a name I brought over from a boating forum that I belong to. (my poor girlfriend has a lot of competition lol)

Cool bro, again welcome! :beerchug:

Welcome, and I agree the sixpack, GSXR1000 mirrors are the way to go. Check out site sponsor Pashnit, I got mine from him.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

:welcome: i see i made it home. where r the pics:rulez:

Sorry folks, here's a few pics:

The bike:
IMG_0248.jpg

At my buddy's garage:
IMG_0256.jpg

Undertail (not quite done yet)
IMG_0273.jpg

Fender after the first coat of clear
IMG_0272-1.jpg

Here's the undertail a little earlier in the week. It originally had two round LEDs in it and was shaped to match. Basically cut out the rear section and rebuilt it to conform to the factory tail light (with licence light cut off)

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

And here is the fender after some more clear. Just needs buffing now
IMG_0274.jpg

Back