"Straight line bike"

Someone needs to post the video of the Gold Wing on the Dragon. Just goes to prove that it's not just the bike, but also the rider.

The Busa, while a little big for the track, with the right rider can really be a lot of fun with 600's and literbikes. The big girl takes a little muscling, but she will hang just fine, and when you get to the straightaway, nothing's going to touch her. You just got to be sure to start slowing down at the end of the straight a little earlier.

Twobrothersbusa and I rode at Barber last fall, he on his GenII and me on my gixxer1k. While I could catch Charlie in the turn, once we started to come out into the straights it was all over with - he would just step away from me. And, yes, there IS video proof of this somewhere on the .org.

Go back and watch some old track video of Mr. Bogus doing trackdays on his Busa. He was eating other sportbikes for LUNCH - you just gotta ride her differently, that's all.

I've pretty much retired my Busa from the track, but I may have to bring her out just for the heck of it sometime this year.

But to answer the OP's question: Yes, I hear it all the time, and I ask them if they've ever done a trackday with a Busa. And, lastly, I can only ride my 1K about an hour before it starts to hurt, but I can ride my Busa most all day long.

In addition, one cheek still on the seat is about all you need. Doesn't do any good to get your tail waaaay off, if your chest is still over the tank and your head is crossed to the other side.

- deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail[/url]
this should be it... guy obviously knows what he's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raydog last summer ...

doyle-lean.jpg

doyle-lean2.jpg

that kinda used to be the running ida on busas in this area till i retrained em around here. I have a group of about 30 to 40 people that i rode with all the time when i had my first 1999 busa....there wasnt one of them that could even dream of keeping up with me in the twisties or the interstate. there is a pretty healthy respect for them in this area/.

yes exactly i was the same on my 2004 busa. They use to say i can handle the bike that way because i could bench press over 600lbs. but thats not the case the busa handles way better than any other bike its size to me, and can out handle the little ones it depends on the rider. The busa will do what ever u want it to do.:boxing::muscle:

Kinda off topic, but that dude's riding is impressive. I saw someone I thought was him over Memorial Day weekend back in '06. Well, his bike mostly. I was on my cruiser and coming around an uphill left-hander when I saw what looked like a riderless GL1800 coming around the bend. Then he popped up and kept right on hauling. I don't know how far he was hanging off, but I didn't see a hint of rider at first.

I still need to get the Bus to the gap for a sticker, but I always end up there on the Honda for some reason.

I Love these shots, especially with the ventura rack. :beerchug:

Why thank you James, I just stumbled onto this thread! (thank you too, Kent!) BTW, I think it's cool that the Ventura frame is mounted, it's like, "hey, I might go touring tomorrow on this thing".
Doyle

This type of bashing has gone on for years. I remember when I got my Gixxer 750, my friend with a ZX6 kept asking why did I get that "Pig".

Whether it’s manufacturer, size or color:poke:, most people always think what they have is better.

I had the honor of riding through the dragon with him in 06 without hacing to paying for it. Of course I didn't get a video at the end either. Yellow Wolf can fly. The chase bike rider who is also on a GW isn't so skilled.

I am not the fastest guy around by any means but I can hold my own. Great thread guys..........:thumbsup:

Front off of my busa............
IMAG0071.jpg

Rear after riding my favorite road..........
100_7015.jpg

I am not the fastest guy around by any means but I can hold my own. Great thread guys..........:thumbsup:

Front off of my busa............
IMAG0071.jpg

Rear after riding my favorite road..........
100_7015.jpg

Wow, who needs to convert to slicks....you've already created them! I've never seen a front tire worn like that.

Back