Driven D3 Grips, Job all done

sk8snw8s

Registered
Thanks org family for the different links and pictures on grip removal and replacement, along with info from the ones who have the Driven D3 Grips on their Busas. it all worked out fine.
Nice job guys on providing the necessary info.

took about 20 min and a little muscle with hair spray for non-throttle side.
the throttle side, i went ahead and cut that grip off, dremeled down the ridges at the bar end and at the red start/stop switch end but left a ridge near start/stop because it was two ridges one to secure the oem grip, i got rid of that ridge and kept the ridge closes to start/stop switch housing, this was to let me not push the grip into the housing for throttle getting stuck if rub up against the housing. If you look closely u'll see the throttle tube plastic which allow me to stop my grip at that point (great idea) instead of sliding back and forward to get spacing right. I left the center ridges on the throttle tube plastic.. Hair sprayed that grip and it slide on easily. The throttle side even though was easier to slide on than the non-throttle end, took me about 25 for that side.

Grip.JPG

ThrotleGrip.JPG

:beerchug: I just did mine also
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Looks good, I was thinking hard to keep clean also. All that bling and the warning labels are everywhere :poke: Do you have pix of the entire bike ?

the first pictures of post show non-thottle side and throttle side, is there a specific close up u want? Those two pictures are pretty close.

Back