I need some pics of your motor...please

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
I was changing my oil and found a sheered bolt. I think it's a crackcase bolt. could someone post up some pics behind the kickstand and of the nut on the right side.

Thanks.

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

I can for you in a couple hours if nobody else does.
What specifically do you want pics of?

I think it's the bottom rear crankcase bolt. Behind the kick stand bracket is where in gose in and the other side is the nut side. both sides if you can :bowdown:

Is this the bolt ?
You can see head above kickstand spring mount..
2573e770.jpg

Another pic..you can see it running thru...
ec09ddec.jpg

And one of the nut side above my mid pipe
3916e13c.jpg

Let me know if that's bolt/area you need?

Perfect!!

So is that a crankcase bolt or motor mount ? How the hell did I sheer that off ??

Thanks.

if thats it..motor mount. Did it get hot? WHy is it black?...did some one grind if off for you???

You better give the all the mounts a checking

It's never been hot or close to being hot. not sure of the discoloring. The kick stand side is sheered off and the bolt backed out on the nut side about 1/4 inch thefaring stopped if form going any further.... wierd.

Oh, and the motor isn't off centered or tweeked because the bolt will slide right back in with little effort.

The fact that it's black on one end does make it seem that at one point in time some heat was put to it? Glad I got the right one. I'll let the pros explain what bolt it is and what happened.

Thats weird dude

Right.

I was changing the oil and checking the bullseye when I saw it and thougth the nut had backed out so I went to tighten it up and the whole thing turned and I just pulled it out by hand and thought to myself .... "well f#($ me". After spending the afternoon replacing the radiator, flushing the cooling system ect.....sigh

I have had this happen to my Gen 1 twice with original Suzuki bolts and nuts, eventually changed to a solid bolt that i found and stronger nut and washers, not had the problem since.

It could of been just a bad bolt or over tightened and the strain finally broke it. I would check all mounts and just replace that one but keep a eye on things...

Back