Where to buy a Carbide Bur?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I got some grinding to do and Ive been told a carbide bur will work well. I went to Lowes and Home Depot, neither had one, weird...
So, who's got em?

Sears? Tractor Supply? True Value?

I know I can just go there this weekend and look, but if they dont have em, Im SOL. If I have to order one online, Id like to order it tonight to have it for the weekend.

What say you Org?

Harbor Frieght, Grainger online, McMaster Carr online, Kenametal online

Machine shop supply in your area. Tool trucks. Home Depot and Lowes should have some smaller dremel sized usually 1/8 or 1/16" arbor. 1/4" is the standard size for most tools.

What kind of metal? How large is the part?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Busa Frame, I think you know how big it is:whistle:

Just gotta clearence my frame a bit more for my chain, used a regular grinder and Dremal last time. Grinder to big, dremal to small....

Ill hit the yellow pages and look for machine shop supply in my area, why didnt I think of that :banghead:

I have any amount of them at the house lol always taking them home from work be careful those burr bits will eat carbon steel up like its butter, cant imagine what it would do to soft aluminum

I have any amount of them at the house lol always taking them home from work be careful those burr bits will eat carbon steel up like its butter, cant imagine what it would do to soft aluminum

Thanks for the heads up, th dremal and grinder were takin forever and just not gettin it done. I'll take it slow so I have a bike left when I'm done. :lol:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

that's cool, what color are the wheels this time 'round? glad to hear you didn't hurt much when it tipped over too..:laugh:

that's cool, what color are the wheels this time 'round? glad to hear you didn't hurt much when it tipped over too..:laugh:

Neon pink :lol: hope to have it all put back together this weekend and ill have pics-A-plenty to share.

Looky what I gots today :cheerleader:

uploadfromtaptalk1302313986429.jpg

And wear safety glasses at least, the metal shavings that those burr bits throw are ruthless on the eyes, I've had to have them removed from my eyes at the hospital and the doctor had to dig it out, and use his own dremel tool to grind the rust out of my eyeball, and I was using safety glasses and a face shield when the shaving got into my eye

And wear safety glasses at least, the metal shavings that those burr bits throw are ruthless on the eyes, I've had to have them removed from my eyes at the hospital and the doctor had to dig it out, and use his own dremel tool to grind the rust out of my eyeball, and I was using safety glasses and a face shield when the shaving got into my eye

That's gotta hurt, I've got safety glass but I'm thinkin ill pick up a facesheild now too. Thanks for the heads up.

Yea buddy them get messy under that tail to, plan on a few showers as well :laugh:

Sucks to be you :rofl: mines all done no more grinding for paul:thumbsup:

Can't go two days without someone cuttin' up their eyes, huh?
:whistle:

Please forgive me if this makes no sense, I'm posting from my phone :D

I would go with tight fitting goggles. Nothing gets under them. Safety glasses and face shield combo is good,but krap still gets in there and bounces around,eventually finding its way into your eyes.

Then its harder for them to take brain MRI's,in case you get injured,been there,done that.

RSD.

Got the grinding all done, still have both my eyes. The compressor I was using was only 3 gallon so the grinder never really speed all the way.
But if I did get something in my eye, GsxrBots was gettin a text pic or 6 :whistle:

Back