Opinions on a sell price please...

J.Busa

Registered
I've been thinking about putting this one up for sale and I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to ask for it.. It's a classic, it's a custom, it's in great shape mechanically, it has a few blemishes here and there in the paint/fairings -but nothing people point out when they see the bike, and I still have alot of love for it.... But I just don't ride it as much as I'd like to and I hate to see it just sitting there collecting dust..

It's a 1987 Yamaha FZR750RT- With a 1990 FZR1000 engine and front end, 40mm Keihin flatslide carbs w/ K&N stage 3 pod filters, Vance & Hines Powerpack, D&D polished full exhaust, Polished frame and swingarm, PM Chicane wheels, SS Braided front brake lines, and a Red LP Speedscreen.

What's a fair price in your opinion?

FZR750.jpg

fzr750-2.jpg

fzr750-3.jpg

fzr750-4.jpg

Well, I couldnt find a value for that specific bike on kbb.com, the same year FZR1000 clean retail is 2005.00.

NADA quotes that bike, 87 FZR750RT at 1225.00 in excellent condition.

From there its up to you.

:whistle: i would think you might what to go Yamaha form they might know better then another one just my 2 cents :cheerleader:

as good of shape as it is in, i would ask $2500.00 and see what kind of offers you get.

nice bike. :thumbsup: looks well taken care of.

It will cost more to sell it. Honestly. It seems that unless it's some super rare model, older bikes don't fetch much money. I think it's mainly because more older bikes are wore the hell out and the market never developed a spot for clean older bikes.

sorry to say but the bike has a very dated look to it and clasic or I I dont see you fetching very muvh money for it. It sounds like you have a real passion for her. I say keep it unless you are hard up for the cash.

I always loved the look of that bike back when i was a teenager! Dang how time flies! I say keep it.:beerchug:

Nice looking bike man! Sportbikes are kind of trendy, i think you'd have a hard time getting much more than 2.5K.

much more than $2,500.00? Whhhaaaaat?

I'm thinking about $850 if u're lucky.

let's be realistic, this bike is one yr shy of being a 1/4 of a century old. there is no market for it, expect for a broke kid somewhere.

I'd keep it to goof off on occasionally... or use to dry a towell...

i'm with most here think $1,500 is a good price, since it's super clean i'd ask $1700 or b/o

the only reason i say that is even though it's super clean and polished i think a yamaha 750 from the 80's is not a very desirable bike to most BUT with that said there are the die hard fans of 80's bike...i think e-bay is your best bet and start bidding at $1000 + shipping cost

that is a tight ride dude. to all the youngsters that want to hate, here is a mag cover with the 1000 on the front. id keep it unless i was hard up for cash.

yamaha.jpg

where would a busa be if bikes like this werent first? NOWHERE! stop hatin'

I don't really think anybody is hating, just trying to give some real world numbers. Look at it this way, to a Yami fan trying to fill a showroom, this bike could be priceless. To someone trying to get a bike to ride arround everyday, it's only worth the cheapest bike I can find.

To the avererage buyer, it is only worth how well it can perform. Motorcycles have come a long way in the last 20 years. I think it is safe to say that most 10 year old sport bikes will outperform this one. Now when add in the fact that it is not original and is made from two different bikes, the value goes down even more. What is the first thing that comes to your mind if you see this:
2002 Hayabusa with 2005 engine and front end.

I am not saying this bike is not nice, but it is not worth anything to a non collector.

The summer before last I got $2800 out of my '89 FZR400 w/600cc engine bored to 620cc.
That paid for over half of my 'Busa :)

0525081454.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys.... I don't feel like anyone has been hatin' at all... I was looking for honest opinions and I got 'em.
Realistically, I was thinking that $2500.00 would buy it, and I probably wouldn't take less than $2000.00 for it.

:beerchug:

Back