Hayabusa trackbike victory - Shaun Giles, 2000

That's the whole point, the Hayabusa does it all! I tour on the same darn bike that I drag race with, I do track days and run fast and safe enough that I have no intention of creating a 1000cc track bike. It's too fun when you're back in the paddock and guys are scratching their heads looking at it (sometimes after they were passed in a corner!)

I'm not rich or anything but I could have any darn bike I want....I choose the Hayabusa!
Thank you for this great topic! Raydog

DM_17697.jpg

Busa rear.jpg

MF1A9515.JPG

Img_9202_busa.jpg

Thanks for this, every time I tell another sport-bike rider that I ride a Hayabusa, they almost always say... Oh, that's too bad, those are so slow in the turns, all they're good for is straight line acceleration.

I always follow their question by asking them if they've ever ridden one. Never met anyone who has, who still says that.

So, let say, stock to stock will an R1 or another liter bike beat a hayabusa on the track, with identical riders?

A 600 will beat a Hayabusa on the track with identical riders. I'm not the fastest Busa on the track by any stretch of the imagination, but here's something for those other guys to think about...

YouTube - BusaWhipped's Channel

"Man that thing is fast, too bad it sucks in the corners" says the guy with 2" chicken strips on the back of his (insert random 600/1000cc bike name here)

A 600 will beat a Hayabusa on the track with identical riders. [/url]

Cool vid! :beerchug:

600cc bikes are no joke in capable hands, I laugh eveytime someone tells me how slow 600cc bikes are.

for the sake of discussion...
if "identical riders" = average track day nut then I'll agree. However I could see some slower riders being faster on a busa just because of the acceleration advantage. IMO it's easier to twist a throttle than figure out the fast line, braking point, ect.

With slicks and suspension I am a high B, low A rider. I pass many riders but have been passed by instructors/racers on prepped 600's many times!
Coming into a corner hot, with other smaller bikes(especially with the typical corner speeds of an A group), I can actually feel the "heft" of my Busa and when truly on the edge, I need more tarmac to complete the corner.
That doesn't mean it's not formidible and an impressive novelty to see!

ps, when I say "heft", my Busa only weighs about 490 but that's still 50+ lbs over everybody else.

Back