Undertail?  Which is best?

screethoprez

Registered
Hey all,
I didn't want to hijack the walkthrough thread so I figured I would start a new one.
Who does everyone think makes the best undertail? Links? Easiest to install? Best looking?
I called the dealership (they're still being nice to me since I just bought the bike) and they said they can sell me a Lockhart Phillips undertail kit for $199.00. I did a search of Lockhart's site and they don't even list a Busa but the part's guy said they had it in their catalog. I would like to see what it looks like on the bike first. Also, the closest color that they offer is black but my whole tail end of my Busa is red.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Custom Sportbike Concepts, a sponsor of this site, makes a killer UFO undertail. Just goto the main page and click on their sponsor link. Great customer service and they offer a discount for board members.

topgun
motorheads (suzukihayabusa.org)
freestyle inc
rumble import
UFO
mototek
euro style

take you're pick... there is plenty to choose from.
cool.gif

Stay away from Freestyle: The guy is clueless regarding customer service and won't answer emails. I went with Motorhead's because I wanted the look of the stock tailight. It is a good product and Dennis (board owner at suzukihayabusa.org) is a straight shooter.

I'm with Ironbrad. Freestyle has a reputation for making a very nice product, but customer service is awful. I was in the midst of completing an order with him and I never heard from him again, even after many emails. Notice that there is no phone number on his web site. Stay far, far away from Freestyle.

Well, looks like I'm gonna do the UFO. Looks similar to the Top Gun but at a better price (with the discount).

Thanks everyone, I'll post pics once it's installed!

-Rich

Vince, how tough was the install? I just ordered one, should be here tomorrow.

CSC TOPGUN
I have that exact same undertail with LEDs. I didn't buy it from CSC, but got it from Allied Barter which I wouldn't recommend for anyone. The install is quite easy but does take a little time (maybe 2 hours max) mostly because of all the trimming of the fender that has to be done. There is a great walkthrough of the installation in the mods section. I love the look. The UFO would be second, but don't know if Extreme Graphics has resolved the issue with the left lens not matching the right. If you want the stock look and want to maintain trunk space you can't beat the Motorhead's undertail (from sh.org). CSC or Second-Look would be my choices for places to purchase.

I read Revlis' walkthrough, and you're right, it's well done. What I coudn't tell from the picture with the tailpiece removed is whether you have to cut the tray, in effect taking away trunk space. It should be here tomorrow so I should know soon enough. Thanks!

You do lose a little trunk space, but not too much. Check out the install instructions here at <a href="http://www.alliedbarter.com">Allied Barter<a>. Couple of pretty good pics.

Thanks BigBS & BusaBoy. The Allied Barter link was great. It's going to be tough cutting on my baby but it looks like the final product is worth it. You guys are a big help.
smile.gif

I put my ufo undertail on last week from csc, you won't be dissapointed, great color match to the grey/black and great fitment. I love the look.

I like my storage space,PC3, sunglasses,etc. BUT, if CSC would just spray like 50 pairs of the lenses for the UFO with the HOC red clear, I'd give up the space gladly because the look is awesome! Are you listening CSC?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108026582 -->

Back