HIDS comparison

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Just wanted to show you a comparison on stock headlights and HIDS if you are on the fence to do it or not. There is a big difference for sure.

And as usual my son is showing me up again (lol)

IMG_1653[1].jpg

hid install with ddm's stuff is about a 45 minute job. just plug and play, zip tie everything in, and you're done.

Just wanted to show you a comparison on stock headlights and HIDS if you are on the fence to do it or not. There is a big difference for sure.

And as usual my son is showing me up again (lol)

Not to go off topic.. but what windscreen do you have installed on your bike? Also HID's are the way to go... I'll never go back to halogens

I seriously think I could do it in less than 30 minutes the second time. Hardest part was trying to figure out how/where to tie the ignitors

Being brighter isn't the only factor to consider with headlights. The color is very important too. That pretty blue that everyone loves is inferior to a more yellow light. Our eyes don't see well with it, sure the light looks fantastically bright, but there isn't good contrast. Why do you think fog lights are often amber? I have a car with OEM HID's, and it's fog lights are a standard hallogen (that's not because the manufacturer cheaped out on it). I have another car with standard headlights to compare it too, and the HID's are hands down brighter, but it is MUCH easier to pick up a deer standing in the ditch with the dimmer halogens.

Do you know which HID kit your son is using?

I dont remember what kind he said he put in. Blanca Busa should know because he was talking to him about it.

Tman05 is on shift so I cant ask while he is putting out fires and saving lives (lol). If he gets back to me I will let you know, I left him a message.

I think I am actually the first person that had a bad bulb, ballast or igniter out of all the DDM kits that have been installed on the org. I have a replacement set that will be here Saturday though. Only the high beam had problems, but with that many produced, you are bound to have a few go bad.

Back