Part 1: The lever saga (stock lever)

Not much new to report.... annealed both levers and took new hardness tests.... but havent had time to etch the samples and check micro structure...

crazy busy lately...

WOW! We are getting some thorough testing of metal. Thanks very much Goatcart. I am already satisfied with what you have discovered but I'm interested to hear more.

I was not expecting the anodizing on the Chazzos to be of especially high quality. However, from other posts on Chazzos, seems the finish on the chromed levers is quite thick which is an indication of high quality chrome. Care to speculate on how good the anodizing is?----or is all anodizing pretty much the same thing?

I would be very curious to look at data concerning how the chazzos compare to Pazzo and OEM in form-----particularly, how effectively they contact the clutch piston/cable mechanism (IOW--do Chazzos or Pazzos cause constant clutch slippage/wear?).

I guess i didnt pay you enough goatkart! I only paid enough to get "not quite as good"

:banghead: :banghead:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

WOW! We are getting some thorough testing of metal. Thanks very much Goatcart. I am already satisfied with what you have discovered but I'm interested to hear more.

I was not expecting the anodizing on the Chazzos to be of especially high quality. However, from other posts on Chazzos, seems the finish on the chromed levers is quite thick which is an indication of high quality chrome. Care to speculate on how good the anodizing is?----or is all anodizing pretty much the same thing?

I would be very curious to look at data concerning how the chazzos compare to Pazzo and OEM in form-----particularly, how effectively they contact the clutch piston/cable mechanism (IOW--do Chazzos or Pazzos cause constant clutch slippage/wear?).

Honestly since i was doing a rush job i wasnt paying to much attention to the anodizing.... it was more in my way than anything for doing testing LOL...

Off the cuff, i would say both are satisfactory, and pass the muster... Again though, im dealing with sample sizes of ONE, and one of them came from a dropped bike...

I can try to get a closer look at some of this stuff, though i go on vacation this coming week so i'll be in the lab a couple times to tidy up some projects, but thats about it..

I am hoping to get to ride in the next week or so!!!

In regards to functionality, i wouldnt even begin to give an opinion, i havent had either lever on my bike, and i have no real background in motorcycle components etc etc... i just dont have an informed opinion there..

HOWEVER, the chazzo and pazzo as far as layout were nearly identical, and i dont think varried much if at all in regards to where they connected to the bike... (brain fried, technical terms escaping me)

i can whip out the dial caliper to verify these things as absolutes.... however, as i said, i am no lever expert... i just know materials...

I guess i didnt pay you enough goatkart! I only paid enough to get "not quite as good"

:banghead: :banghead:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

YEAH, i gotz billz to pay yo! i need monies to pay for mah h0's laundry!

:corner:

No sir. couldn't be further from the truth. I push my bike and myself to the limits. For that reason I don't skimp on anything for my bike . Maybe you putt your bike around like a harley owner. in that case enjoy your chink levers and Taiwan rotors. I'm sure they will hold up fine for your use.

别着急.......Take it easy. :whistle:

You do know that is a derogatory phrase, right? :banghead:

I can't remember myself or anyone else ever breaking a lever except in an accident. I have the Passo short levers on my '09 but I wish they were just a half inch longer. The adjustable levers make sense to me at almost half the price.??? I always wanted the Pazzos for my 05' and pulled the trigger when I got my 09' last August.

IThe adjustable levers make sense to me at almost half the price.??? I always wanted the Pazzos for my 05' and pulled the trigger when I got my 09' last August.

The prices of these levers are so low it doesn't matter too much if they are perfect as Pazzo levers as long as they work. As far as the adjustable length levers---I would be a bit concerned about how well they stay in adjustment. Wouldn't want to have to constantly be whipping out the allen wrench to tighten. the adjustable length is a great idea though.

In regards to functionality, i wouldnt even begin to give an opinion, i havent had either lever on my bike, and i have no real background in motorcycle components etc etc... i just dont have an informed opinion there..

HOWEVER, the chazzo and pazzo as far as layout were nearly identical, and i dont think varried much if at all in regards to where they connected to the bike... (brain fried, technical terms escaping me)

i can whip out the dial caliper to verify these things as absolutes.... however, as i said, i am no lever expert... i just know materials...

Just put the Chazzo clutch lever on the 08 ZX-14 last night and I'm looking pretty hard comparing fit and movement to OEM lever.

As you can see, the Chazzo has worn into the brass and even a little bit into the sharp edge of the alum. The piston pin rubs.

The bottom of the piston hole is cone shaped from a drill bit tip. OEM has a flat bottom to the piston hole and the pin drops in there perfectly.

clutchpistonrest2.jpg

clutchpistonrest.jpg

My main concern is that the clutch piston pin feels like it has to be pressed in a tiny bit more during installation than the OEM lever. In other words, the clutch is being preloaded more...I have no idea if the additional preload would cause the plates to slip. Maybe the Chazzos are designed to to preload a tiny bit more to compensate for ware against the soft brass part.

The brass pin rest part comes out easily enough if I wanted to drill the hole deeper. Just use a needlenose to pull the spring clip. ..but I don't know if it is a good idea to mess with the design.
levfasteners.jpg

OH WELL, this is zx-14 stuff. I have not ordered my busa levers yet. I'm sure the busa must have some sort of piston pin like the 14. Can't go look at the busa so easy---stored in buddies barn for winter.

Does anyone have similar concerns to those I have mentioned above?.

Does the Pazzo lever also have the brass insert with drilled, cone shaped bottom of hole for a piston pin rest? If so, I guess this is no dif than using a Pazzo.

Other than the piston pin/pin rest concern. These levers fit flawlessly. IMO, the clutch does not feel as sensitive on the lever pull as the OEM lever....but then again, this is a shorty

ya, racism sux.
Don't mean to be insensitive but I just ignore those kind of comments. In this day and age, a person does a lot more damage to there own character than they do someone else's....when they speak like that. Instant karma....and not the good kind.

...I still hope I can call these levers "Chazzos." without offending anyone.

BACk to levers:

Does anyone have similar concerns to those I have mentioned above?.

Does the Pazzo lever also have the brass insert with drilled, cone shaped bottom of hole for a piston pin rest? If so, I guess this is no dif than using a Pazzo.

No sir. couldn't be further from the truth. I push my bike and myself to the limits. For that reason I don't skimp on anything for my bike . Maybe you putt your bike around like a harley owner. in that case enjoy your chink levers and Taiwan rotors. I'm sure they will hold up fine for your use.

Racists, huh? :whistle:

I doubt you push your bike and yourself to the limit. I very much suspect you spend more time polishing it and bragging about the expensive parts you bought (not that there's anything wrong with that :rofl:).

Talk is cheap. On this thread we've seen evidence-based information (even though it is based on a sample of one!). You're just assuming...

Here's some more for you to think about:

My Chazzos:
17072010001.jpg

My bike, my Chazzos and my Chinese rotors (and myself) pushing (close) to the limit...

Busatrack4.jpg

Busatrack2.jpg

You got anything to show, or are you all talk? :moon:

PS: I'm not Asian. Just don't like racists :beerchug:

Back