ECU tuning in MD

Dozerdriver

Registered
Ok, there is a place in Gaithersburg MD who can tune using the ECU. The place is Cycle Connection and the tuner is Shawn. I will be going there on Monday to have him re tune my bike and make some changes in the ECU. I haven't decided if we are going to stay with the Bazzaz unit or just do a complete tune of the ECU. I plan on taking some pics, videos and do a full review of his shop. There is a review from another member in the dyno kings section... I don't know of any other tuners around DMV area who can tune using the ECU so I hope this helps someone...:beerchug:

Ok, there is a place in Gaithersburg MD who can tune using the ECU. The place is Cycle Connection and the tuner is Shawn. I will be going there on Monday to have him re tune my bike and make some changes in the ECU. I haven't decided if we are going to stay with the Bazzaz unit or just do a complete tune of the ECU. I plan on taking some pics, videos and do a full review of his shop. There is a review from another member in the dyno kings section... I don't know of any other tuners around DMV area who can tune using the ECU so I hope this helps someone...:beerchug:

Im interested in this also.

I'm all setup with the ECU editor software and made my own interface cable. All I have done thus far is diagnostic work /eliminated the top speed restriction / and fixed 6th gear timing.

I have plans for an exhaust or stage one turbo so I may see how the logger works but a full dyno run would probably work better.

Bump for U Dozer

Hmm what time are you going to be there? I was going to schedule time also with cycle connection for tune work.

Ok, got my bike looked over and it was a little on the lean side. Shawn flashed the ECU and turned off the top speed limiter, 02 sensor, pair valve and took off the timing retarding. He then played with the map and adjusted some areas... his dyno is a "land and sea dyno" which he says reads low. He said the drum weighed as much as the bike... I don't know much about dynos. I think all pulls were in 4th gear and he did do some other gear checks. Bike seems to be running stronger then before but it is hard to check without being in the triple digits. Here are my before and after graphs...

dyno.jpg

SCAN0002.jpg

It was good to hang out with you guys this afternoon. Can't wait to get mine tuned.

Glad you are happy Dave, and yes you get my first post haha now let's take Brian there and buy me An exhaust and filter and see what real numbers are ;)

Here are a couple more pics... If we get some guys together Shawn can do a group discount. Depending on some things...

P1040001.jpg

P1040003.jpg

P1040004.jpg

Here are a couple more pics... If we get some guys together Shawn can do a group discount. Depending on some things...

You know Im game. Let me know if anything comes through. I should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Back