Bonding with your son.....

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
We like to coolect cars/bikes and he loves to go to the shop with me on the weekend , i pay him 3 bucks an hour to clean up and help me during installs, he also LOVES to go to the track and watch me race! but that part is a FAMILY affair. So i got bored the other night and went to wally world and got my son 2 new cars ; tuner xB and dub 300c! heres his room till i get the time to build a case.... the camera wont get the whole wall but were almost done with the second tier of the border along with the bikes i cant hang up.... my boy is a IMPORT TUNER FREAK!!!! ALL IMPORTS and 3 domestics!

JRM1.JPG

JRM2.JPG

JRM3.JPG

JRM4.JPG

JRM5.JPG

JP

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107927725 -->

MVC_221F.JPG

Thrasher I'm worried...........
biggrin.gif

UNDRPSI, the best part of this hole post is the fact that you actually think about spending time/bonding with your son. I think a lot of familys today could use this advice and not just with their sons.....

Here's a couple pics of me and the kids bonding...
BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

Notice little man up front
BikePics.com

Cool pics Cecil!!!

KS- while the picture I posted was "sort of for shock value"
smile.gif
the fact is all three of my boys started formal martial arts training when they were 5 with my martial arts instructor

I continue their training myself.

My oldest is starting the path of weapons training. He will soon be 13, a few months before he turned 13 I allowed him to purchase his first pellet rifle. I have been teaching him proper weapons handling, firing, site adjustment on the pellet rifle and for his 13th birthday I plan on purchasing him his first .22

His maturity is there for this

I will do the same for my other 2 boys providing their maturity level is there also.

Once the .22 is mastered and I think they have the concept of firearms safety firmly grasped, then I will start them on a recurve bow, then compound bow.

They already have basic instruction escrima (short stick fighting).

After the recurve bow will come long bo (staff techniques)

Then I will start on their handling of edged weapons. (sharpening, care, fighting techniques) this of course will not come until around the age of 15 or so.

I do of course spend a lot of time with them on school work, and computers stuff. I had my oldest build his first computer when he was 11. I bought all the parts and laid them on a table and said here is your computer, put it together. And I taught him what was what, where things go, what they do etc etc.

In the summer time our family spends a lot of time together at the lake, or the pool.

I have taken my scuba gear in the pool and taught them how to buddy breath at the deep end, they thought that was cool
biggrin.gif

Yeah, family time is extremely important, and even more so father / son time.

I think a lot of people really underestimate how important it is and how much sons learn from their fathers just spending time with them.

Sons don’t learn from their fathers from the words spoken from the lips, sons learn from their dads by watching their dads, spending time with their dads.

Sons learn how to handle stress and difficult situations by WATCHING HOW DAD HANDLES IT not be "hearing" what they are supposed to do.
My family is my life. And my boys are everything to me.

Cool pics Cecil!!!

KS- while the picture I posted was "sort of for shock value"
smile.gif
the fact is all three of my boys started formal martial arts training when they were 5 with my martial arts instructor

I continue their training myself.

My oldest is starting the path of weapons training. He will soon be 13, a few months before he turned 13 I allowed him to purchase his first pellet rifle. I have been teaching him proper weapons handling, firing, site adjustment on the pellet rifle and for his 13th birthday I plan on purchasing him his first .22

His maturity is there for this

I will do the same for my other 2 boys providing their maturity level is there also.

Once the .22 is mastered and I think they have the concept of firearms safety firmly grasped, then I will start them on a recurve bow, then compound bow.

They already have basic instruction escrima (short stick fighting).

After the recurve bow will come long bo (staff techniques)

Then I will start on their handling of edged weapons. (sharpening, care, fighting techniques) this of course will not come until around the age of 15 or so.

I do of course spend a lot of time with them on school work, and computers stuff. I had my oldest build his first computer when he was 11. I bought all the parts and laid them on a table and said here is your computer, put it together. And I taught him what was what, where things go, what they do etc etc.

In the summer time our family spends a lot of time together at the lake, or the pool.

I have taken my scuba gear in the pool and taught them how to buddy breath at the deep end, they thought that was cool
biggrin.gif

Yeah, family time is extremely important, and even more so father / son time.

I think a lot of people really underestimate how important it is and how much sons learn from their fathers just spending time with them.

Sons don’t learn from their fathers from the words spoken from the lips, sons learn from their dads by watching their dads, spending time with their dads.

Sons learn how to handle stress and difficult situations by WATCHING HOW DAD HANDLES IT not be "hearing" what they are supposed to do.
My family is my life. And my boys are everything to me.
I feel like the sceen from "Big Daddy" in the Courtroom when everyone stops and calls thier Dad.

Semper Fi Thrasher!

Very well said...

Now I gotta go and call pops.

Thrasher just laying some on you....
NRA member here! Well put I think a lot of familys are missing out on the relationship or bonding that will occur if you just put some effort into it...
To many use Video games and computers to babysit their little ones and generally have no idea/clue what's going on with their own flesh and blood.

Here's some West Virginia style bonding...  mmmm mmmm good!

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

Warbrown -

Nice!!!
smile.gif

Was that a pellet or BB behind the left shoulder?

Now that is teaching your boy how to put food on the table!!!
biggrin.gif

KS-

You right about a lot of parents now knowing whats up with their children.

I think I know "MOST" of what is going on in my kids lives. My middle son is convinced I have video camera's and sound recorders and bugs and tracking devices on him. who knows, maybe I do
biggrin.gif

I doesn't understand how I know what girls he talks to at school, who is friends are, what girl he currently likes.

I know stuff his brother doesn't even know and they go to school together. I will lay something on them like "so, is so and so still mad at you because those girls came up and talked to you the other day and one of them kissed you on the cheek"

Both my boys looked at me and their jaws dropped and asked how in the heck I knew about that.

I said "I am dad, dad's know everything" muah ha ha!!!

biggrin.gif

Well damn fellas. We just got married in August! I'm trying real hard to get it going though!! Getting plenty of trigger time with Momma!! LOL!
Well, whatever we have, Mom and I both have motorcycles in the garage. I play hockey, coach hockey, referee hockey, have DJ'ed all across the US, lettered in three sports and own some guns myself. Not too shabby! The kids will have something to do no matter what! Jen & I are pretty excited at the thought of when it comes our way!
My wife and I are big kids at heart ourselves!

Great photos guys - thank you for sharing!

You guys are lucky.Watch 'em, keep 'em close.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107877346 -->

You guys keep up the good work. War that squirrel pic will get the PETA people panties ina bunch !! Several years ago I went squirrel hunting in east Texas and popped 8 with my 410. I had one fox squirrel that would go easily, took 3 round of lead shot and was still alive, the dog had to finish him off.

At any rate the things you do with your kids should keep them from becoming some of the misguided little bastards I run into from time to time. I was the product of strict discipline, and I believe it pays off.

Speaking of guns, growing up my dad had guns around and I knew where they were, and he didn't have them locked up or with trigger guards. There was some undescribable force that kept me away from them. Why is it that today there are so many incidents of kids having misfortune with ther parents' guns?

I currently own several, but don't have any kids. I'm sure when I do, the wifey will request more safety, and I don't have a problem with it, except for the one I will keep cocked and locked for any unannounced late night visitors. But what happened to telling a kid, here is a gun, don't ever, ever, ever touch it, it can KILL you, and if you touch it and it doesn't kill you I will, and leave it at that.

Sorry for my long ass thread.

I keep my guns locked up, but my boys know I have them, and they know they're "Off Limits". They understand that guns can do really bad things if not handled correctly (and sometime handled correctly). They also know the most important safety rules. A gun is ALWAYS loaded! Never point a gun at something you don't want to kill or destroy! Never store a gun loaded.

Those are the rules I have drilled into them. They will get a chance to learn how to properly handle them when I feel that they are mature enough.

Anyway, here's one of my bonding pictures:

TheBoys.jpg

Back