The big moon - well tonight anyway

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone been out checking out the moon tonight? Its as close as its been in 20yrs or something. Living out in BFE affords me some amazing views over the water, tonight the tide is up, areas that are normally dry are very very wet and well the moon is freaking HUGE in the sky.

I tried to get a pic on the drive home but the cell doesnt do it justice, will try again in a little bit with a real camera :cool:

Is it the same moon there as it is where I live? :rofl:

Just got outside, its shining bright for sure. City lights don't help, but then again, binghamton isn't that big.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

so I just went out and got a pic of it from the other side of the community... I'm not staying up late enough to catch it out the back of the house :laugh:

There's no city lights or anything else, its just that bright :thumbsup:

P1010258.jpg

heh, looks like I caught the lighthouse too :) the bright white light at the bottom is the lighthouse, the red light is a container ship heading to sea

so I just went out and got a pic of it from the other side of the community... I'm not staying up late enough to catch it out the back of the house :laugh:

There's no city lights or anything else, its just that bright :thumbsup:

The moon please Brian, not the sun. :laugh:
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I noticed it being really bright, but didn't think anything of it. Thanks for mentioning the once in 20 year event zukracer! Here's what it looked like at 12:30 am from upstate NY:

moon 003.jpg

moon 029.jpg

Been looking forward to this and it is raining. :banghead: They are saying we have a better chance of seeing it tomorrow night, it won't be the best night but will still be better than any other night until 2029. Thanks for sharing the pics. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Been looking forward to this and it is raining. :banghead: They are saying we have a better chance of seeing it tomorrow night, it won't be the best night but will still be better than any other night until 2029. Thanks for sharing the pics. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was so disappointed when we started hearing the first rumbles of thunder right before it got dark and then rain all night!!! Errrrrr!!!!! Glad someone got to see it. :thumbsup:

Back