stuck in the shop for the next 18hrs

red1100cc

Registered
well i volunteered to cook some briskets for a friend. he is throwing a party for his son who would have been 21 Friday. his son was involved in a motor vehicle incident that took his life when he was 13. My Buddy Bill is takin this Birthday pretty hard. 21 is a big year in the life of a man.
anyway. im smoking brisket in my shop because it is too cold to do it outside. a good brisket takes 12-18hrs to cook properly. soo here i am. i drug the puter out to the shop so i could share with yall the boredom of watching meat slowly smoke.
i got the smokers fired up about 3pm and got the meat on around 5pm. should be done sometime in the morning.

i already detailed the bike again. :whistle: guess i better get some more wood for the fireplace. gotta keep the shop warm tonight. :rulez:

i'll post some pics after my phone is charged.

I was smokin some...uh..some uh...ya brisket thats right:whistle: in my shop just last night too.

RSD.

Smoked !!!! Yum!!!

yea, i smoke meats all summer. this is the 1st time this year. it's just been soo cold.

I was smokin some...uh..some uh...ya brisket thats right:whistle: in my shop just last night too.
RSD.

:poke: it's hard to smoke brisket, it takes big papers, and their hard to light.:rofl:

make sure that grill is ventilated :laugh:

:Oo: is that why i feel funny?
:thumbsup: left end of the shop open and opened the front window for draw. most of the smoke is following my chimney up and out the roof. the heat is drawing it up:beerchug: thanks for worryin bout me though.

Pics pics and more pics of foooood dooooood !
Um hungry :)

:thumbsup: you bet!

i have 2 smokers going. a gas box and a electric barrel. the box was ready for stuff to be turned. so i got ya some pics of the brisket, 2 burgers, and a pork roast.
i'll get pics of the barrel when it's ready to be turned around 8:30pm.

0310111859a.jpg

0310111900.jpg

0310111900c.jpg

0310111902a.jpg

0310111903a.jpg

0310111902.jpg

man, I think I can smell it from here :laugh: food looks great. sorry to hear a sad story like that of your friend's, if I lost my Son I would probably do the same (with celebrating birthdays and such)... if I lasted that long. Probably just find a tele pole and pin it wide open, I don't know if I love my kid too much (not) or I'm a bit weak but It would be devastating to outlive my boy.. ok, back to the food... is it done yet:whistle:

I'm a big time smoked meats guy.... I actually smoked so much that my smoker fell apart HAHAHA...

I am back in the market for one now... and a boston butt waiting to go into the smoker as soon as i pick one up.. :beerchug:

I am very familiar with the 18hr smoke :)

were getting closer. i already took one brisket off, along with the pork roast.mmmm and the burgers were great. i just love smoked burgers.the brisket was done and beginning to dry out. i don't think i like this gas powered box. it cooks too hot and dry.
:laugh: the electric smoker keeps dimmin my lights. :laugh:

its about now i am always tempted to cut one in half. i know it needs to cook longer. but its tempting.

time to rotate the racks and sop the meat.

0310112319a.jpg

0310112319b.jpg

0310112319c.jpg

0310112319d.jpg

0310112055.jpg

How cold is cold?
(50 & rained all day here)

ahh it was nice today, 50's with 50mph wind:laugh:

Now that's funny!
I think this is what they mean by targeted ads.
View attachment 213667

that's creepy, im controlling the advertising. ???

man i want to come over lol. Not that far away....

yup, im only 3hrs away (as the busa flys) if ya leave now, you'll be here by the time it's done:beerchug::laugh:

man, I think I can smell it from here. food looks great. sorry to hear a sad story like that of your friend's, if I lost my Son I would probably do the same (with celebrating birthdays and such)... if I lasted that long. Probably just find a tele pole and pin it wide open, I don't know if I love my kid too much (not) or I'm a bit weak but It would be devastating to outlive my boy.. ok, back to the food... is it done yet

he's the leader of a pretty big clan. has always supported between 10-12 kids/family/family's kids. has 3 girls of his own he had to stay strong for. infact he was one of the 1st folks i called when i lost my daughter.
i didn't know what to do, but i had been through this with my brother Bill when Blane was hit crossing the interstate. i was there for him then, and he came to my aid when i needed him most. he is a very special kind of "Brother". im actually related to him through marriage on my wife's side.
im pretty proud to be a member of the "Brungardt Clan".:beerchug:

I'm a big time smoked meats guy.... I actually smoked so much that my smoker fell apart HAHAHA...
I am back in the market for one now... and a boston butt waiting to go into the smoker as soon as i pick one up..
I am very familiar with the 18hr smoke :)

:rofl:i had to cut up a barrel lid to fix the hole in the bottom of the electric barrel. it had rusted through. smoke it til it falls apart :thumbsup:
:poke:the meat or the smoker too i guess :rofl:

wow, that looks good :beerchug: i think i'm going to have to drag the grill out today for the first time this year!

Back