CA Beach Trip

oilfield_trash

Registered
It turns out I've been trapped in Bakersfield too long. I need out. Tomorrow's ride is Bakersfield to Santa Maria to Pismo Beach to San Luis Obispo to home. Should be a great ride with temps in the 60-70 degree range all day. For those in the no, both of these roads have amazing twisties. Pictures to follow tomorrow night.

Have fun! Watch out for the Man!

CHP1.jpg

Heading out 166 from Bakersfield towards Santa Maria. What a beautiful ride. The weather was perfect, the road was twisty and I had a blast working on my cornering.

DSCF0393-Copy.jpg

DSCF0394.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0398.jpg

About to turn onto the legendary Pacific Coast Highway in Guadlupe.

DSCF0399.jpg

Pismo Beach Sand Dunes. Lots of sand rails and four wheelers here. Driving on the beach looks awesome.

DSCF0400.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

Right after lunch at Pismo Beach.

DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF0405.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

Heading back up the super twisty Highway 58 back to Bakrsfield. I got quite a workout with the highly technical twisties.

DSCF0407.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg

DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0411-Copy.jpg

Then 50mi from the closest town I got a flat. No way to fix it. I just sold my pickup so no way to retrieve it. Fortunately I had cell service to call a tow truck. $400 and 3 hrs later I dropped it off with my mechanic who was good enough to hang around 3 hours after closing to get it. If you're in Bakersfield, R. Tillery Powersports is a stand up shop run by a stand up guy.

DSCF0412.jpg

Check google maps for Carrisa Hwy and 7 Mile Rd to see where the tire bit it. Then check the street view and spin around to see just how desolate it was. It was probably 20min between cars going by. I had just been thinking to myself that its amazing there are such lonely places in the most populace state in the country. Doh!

Next addition is a cycle pump and plug kit from Pashnit. I could have paid for the cycle pump almost 3 times for the cost of the tow. I'm beat now. A cold beer and a shower is all I want.

It was a great day right until the end. I missed about 20 mi of extreme twisties and the last 45 min home. C'est la vie.

I'm bringing the mechanic that hung around a bottle of Jack when I bring him the tires Tuesday. It's his favorite flavor.:laugh:

Next addition is a cycle pump and plug kit from Pashnit. I could have paid for the cycle pump almost 3 times for the cost of the tow. I'm beat now. A cold beer and a shower is all I want.

Eric, that's terrible!! ??? The kicker is you could have been back on the road & on your merry way in 10 minutes with the Cycle Pump & plugger kit we sell.

If we can send you a Cycle Pump Combo Kit, it's for yours for cost + 5. (the 5 covers our overhead) You deserve it after that experience. :(

Buy Now: Cycle Pump Motorcycle Air Compressor, EZ Air Tire Gauge, Tire Repair Kit | Pashnit Moto

Back