slick and bar

I think a lot of people forget when gearing a bike with a M/T Flat Slick you have to compensate for tire being 1.5" Taller than a stock tire. So your gearing may end up being very close.
Posted via Mobile Device

A race shop in Wichita, KS builds it. It is totally bolt on and pretty reasonable on price (800 i think). He also builds a subframe (about $400) that is light and a heck of alot cheaper than a mac that is bolt on for stock rails. It is just for a drag tail but strong and light. He is still fitting my rc's and building my subframe.

I'm running 15-56 gearing. With the flat m/t slick it puts me through the 1/8 in the top of 4th. Mps release, stock clutch, heavy springs, stock motor with sidewinder and a good tune. Boost by smith auto shift and leaving off the 2 step at 4500rpm. Runs deadly consistent 5.80 with 1.30 60ft. It took me most of the year to get the gearing dialed in. This is just what worked for me. With the tall tire and less gear it was bogging out of the hole.

5.80 with a stock motor is dam impressive, is that a bar bike?

gotta be ah gen11. no way 5.80 with a stock gen1

its an old wore out gen1. probally have about 150 to 200 passes on it. if i remember right it had around 15k on it when i got it. its tuned for wot and thats all it sees. hasnt been on the street in 3 years.

A race shop in Wichita, KS builds it. It is totally bolt on and pretty reasonable on price (800 i think). He also builds a subframe (about $400) that is light and a heck of alot cheaper than a mac that is bolt on for stock rails. It is just for a drag tail but strong and light. He is still fitting my rc's and building my subframe.

any contact info for this guy?

Thats impressive, Nobody around here gose that fast on a stock gen1. Ive been 5.98 on a perfect night, cold air, dead hooking. Most of the bikes I see in the five"s are spraying.

I think t-bones been 5.85 hes stock motor no spray.

IMG_7897-1.jpg

Whoops thats bonestocks Tyrones bike hes been I THINK 5.83 STOCK.
THATS T-BONES TURBO BIKE HES BEEN LOW 6,S GOING INTO 1/2 TRACK WHEELSTANDS+ PACKING THE FRONT TIRE BIG TIME HE WILL GET IT IN 5,S THIS YEAR THAT BEAST IS A HANDFULL RIDE LOOKS LIKE IT ANYWAY.BUSTED PARTS LAST YEAR GOING IN 1/2 TRACK WHEELSTAND.

IMG_8030.jpg

aag08n.jpg

Here is some pics of mine now. It is off the lift and ready to be finished. We still have to build the subframe but it is together enough walter sprout can tune it. busamockedup6.jpgbusamockedup4.jpgbusamockedup5.jpgbusamockedup3.jpg

busamockedup6.jpg

busamockedup4.jpg

busamockedup5.jpg

busamockedup3.jpg

Scott that is looking sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back