Finally picked up some leathers

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
Had these custom made/fitted here in Korea.:thumbsup: They did an excellent job and they were incredibly cheap for a custom fit suit. I guess I could have been a little more original with the design but, I love Taichi leathers.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

looks good man, custom made huh? did you buy a suit and take it to a talior or did they make one special for ya?

RS Tiachi are good leathers. What did they end up costing you?

in korea they will make you anything you want from scratch, you just go through a mag point to it, they take measurements and walah 2 days later you have exactly what you wanted down to the brand tag on the collar, for a hell of a lot cheaper

can I send you my measurements, a picture and some money?

Haha! I would hook you guys up but, I'm outta here in about a month and it takes about that long for a custom built suit.

They were made completely from scratch to my preference. They fit like a glove and are much higher quality than the cheap, thin leathers you can buy for about the same price online. Top quality 1.7mm cowhide throughout.

In the end I paid $500 total. I could have had them made for cheaper elsewhere here in Korea but, the quality difference right down to the stitching was far superior where I bought them. Some of the leather guys here use thin cotton thread and only single stitch seams. I must have looked at 20 different leather shops here before I made up my mind. One guy offered to make me a plain jane black suit for $189. It was hard to overcome my cheapness on that one and get a good set made but, in the end, I'm happy I went the route I did.

Korean's copy everything. Copy rights and patents are not in their vocabulary.

Nice outfit. The sleeves look slightly short. Good fit when you grip the bike ?

Back