What size trailer should i buy???

deebo8934

Registered
I guys, I'm new to this forum. I am going down to Daytona bike week this year and want to buy an enclosed trailer. I am taking four bikes with me and wondering what's the smallest trailer that I should get.

Should be ok with 16'. I have a little over 4' of space in front of the front row when I haul 4 bikes, and I left some extra room in the back row as I haul stretched busas sometimes.

09 f150, I'm thinking of getting this trailer. It's a 7x16. I'm getting it from enclosed trailers for less, has anyone had one of these or know the quality?

439983056_tp.jpg

09 f150, I'm thinking of getting this trailer. It's a 7x16. I'm getting it from enclosed trailers for less, has anyone had one of these or know the quality?

Nice looking trailer, be sure the 16ft does not include the V-nose area or you'll end up shorter than expected. Glad you are looking at 7ft wide, they make life so much easier...

for sport bikes only this one will work, but you may have to pull one bike in with the wheel forward and back the next one in since you do not have lots of room to stagger the bikes. The V nose is a must and the 7' width nice, but if you changed the width to 102" and 18' in length you could haul 6 bikes without spending a lot more money. If I am going to haul 3 bikes abreast the center bike goes forward, with the other 2 back about a foot. We usually allow 8' for a bikes total length and add 1 more ft for the stagger. With a 7' wide trailer the stagger may come from the v nose where you can move one bike farther forward and the bike next to it back about a foot. take a look here at how a 7' wide trailer loads 2 bikes. They are Ducatis and pretty narrow.

The trailer shown is 7' wide and 10' plus the V go to the 2nd page of the gallery to see a rear shot of the clearance between the bikes, or just do a slide show to see all of my trailers. We made it this long so it could haul 3 bikes , we load one all the way to the front of the V and the other 2 turned backwards on the outside, it is tight but it works. Kieth

Trailering Equipment - kieth's Photos

Man you have a lot of trailers, lol. Thanks for all the help guys, just bought that trailer. Now I have to get some wheels chocks and D rings. Any advice would help.

Man you have a lot of trailers, lol. Thanks for all the help guys, just bought that trailer. Now I have to get some wheels chocks and D rings. Any advice would help.

give me a call , I will show you how to set the trailer up, E Track, some inexpensive harbor freight wheel chocks and you will be ready to go. Kieth

918-446-2245

give me a call , I will show you how to set the trailer up, E Track, some inexpensive harbor freight wheel chocks and you will be ready to go. Kieth

918-446-2245

Just set up my harbor freight wheel chock. Love that thing and holds the bike very very well. Maybe not quite as good as the baxley but for 60 bucks its a very good product. And i bought the etrack also from harbor freight :thumbsup: spent like 90 bucks for everything including the chock

I was wondering what type of chock should I install into the trailer: Pingle, Baxley, or haul master? I was also wondering should I use D rings or E-Track? Also if you have any pics of your trailer set-ups post them please, I want to see a few different ways before I decide.

I was wondering what type of chock should I install into the trailer: Pingle, Baxley, or haul master? I was also wondering should I use D rings or E-Track? Also if you have any pics of your trailer set-ups post them please, I want to see a few different ways before I decide.

Harbor Freight wheel chock works perfect for me (60 bucks). Easy to load and unload and i have e-tracks i am going to install in my trailer. I have (4) 2 foot tracks with the rings.

I prefer the Baxley. I have plates in the floor of the trailer to bolt them down, and I can remove them to use in the garage or at the track. I also move them around in the trailer depending on what bikes I'm hauling. I do also have one of the harbor freight ones for small bikes, but I don't put busas in it. I have seen them break on the side of the main loop, but many here use them to haul their busas with no problem.

100_0577%20%28Medium%29.jpg

100_1120.jpg

Attachments

• trailer recent.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 638
Thanks man, I think this will help, are you going to Daytona Bike Week this year? Also do you have any pics of how you installed thoes plate for the trailer?

Back