GSXR1000 front fender on GEN2 Busa

00-03 750-and up gsxr1000 are a little bigger and look pretty good..

I put a Gsxr fender on My Busa back in the day when they didnt bolt on and think they look great!!

They bolt right on to the newer busa so if you dont like it you can just change it!!

May10th2004144.jpg

00-03 750-and up gsxr1000 are a little bigger and look pretty good..

I put a Gsxr fender on My Busa back in the day when they didnt bolt on and think they look great!!

They bolt right on to the newer busa so if you dont like it you can just change it!!

May10th2004144.jpg

I really like that. You're right: it DOES look a lot better than both the original and the newer gsxr fenders.

So the 00-on up will bolt right on to the Gen 2? I bought a scuffed up '07 one thinking I needed the newer gen one. If these will bolt on, I'd rather have that bigger fender than the smaller one..

yes it will..

The black bike was the 2nd one I did in 01,nice that the factory GSXR fender was a perfect color match also!!..Mine was a SRAD fender,smaller,and I had to weld stuff ect..

The bigger fender to Me looks perfect!!

on this site in the mods section I posted a how to for gen 1 busa fender swap with some pics....

db770e6d.jpg

SA400084.jpg

Last edited:
had it off the clock(its de-restricted and heavily tweaked) no loss of top end at all. if you look at any of your race bikes they all have the same style.
the wrap around larger ones are for max aero dynamics IE drag racing or max top speed runs

"e-racer2 at least every other time im out :rofl:if you check my location.. SCOTLAND you will find that we are actually allowed full power motorcycles.. not like the gilded stallions you ride in the us!!!
:rofl::rofl: standard here is 197hp very easily DESRISTRICTED past government limits of 186mph a speed which you!!!!:whistle: might find unobtainable,unless on a drag strip(which it looks like it with your bling machine but can you go around corners?) with a heavily modified bike in Scotland i do not break the law!!!! BUT occasionally and safely i do occasionally give it some and i know i experience things you never will dream off
as usual you get some people who don't know all their facts, and comment on something they can only imagine. i bow down to your superior knowledge of the universe obi wan :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: have a nice day you allllll:thumbsup:
hate back snipers

thanks for the heads up on this here in the UK very few people know about doing this mod i knew about it but not sure on what year fender to order i will post a pic when it is fitted :beerchug:

abscot..You done things on a bike I haven't?

Not try to be a ass..I highly doubt it!!My bike is a 00 and far from stock I've been over 200 a quite few times..what I was trying to say,its worth the looks and not many go that fast ever or all the time..

but its all good..:beerchug:

:thumbsup: im a bit of a speed freak!!!!!! we have ride outs at least 2/3 times a month about 8 to 12 of us and it can a bit fast and furious at times but only when conditions and traffic permits it most of the bikes are standard ish..but i love my bike that much i just keep throwing money at her:rofl:i was a Kawasaki man for years until i tried the busa. had a test ride and bought one right away.
im trying to convince the wife to go to the gym....to build her arms up a bit....
so i can get a supercharger:banghead::rofl::rofl:
:beerchug: keep it shiny side up

Alex

Um, don't the Gsxr1000's top out at the same 186 as we do stock?
I don't think its an issue......

Who leaves them stock?
Derestricting should be the FIRST mod. :thumbsup:

It IS an issue for those that want to go as fast as possible.
A small issue, but an issue, none the less.
I'm probably going to do it, and I haven't been fast enough yet.

Hear ya..We get on the highway and it doesn't take long to separate the Men from the boys!!

Yes the fender exposes the rim well..

PS.My bike stayed stock for 28 miles on the ride Home from the dealer!!!

"e-racer2 at least every other time im out :rofl:if you check my location.. SCOTLAND you will find that we are actually allowed full power motorcycles.. not like the gilded stallions you ride in the us!!!
They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM! Oh, wait...they already did! And we never got it back!

Lmao, ease up Scottie. You blokes need to spend less time drinking and mouthing off, then you might achieve a little more than being England's lazy, useless northern neighbour.

Gen II Busa fender-what does not fit.

Not sure about any earlier years but I know the 08-10 fit with no alterations needed.I think the 06 and 07 is going to be the same way but I do not have firsthand experience with anything earlier than '08.

Just thought I would update this thread for others.
The 2009-2010 GSXR 1000 front fenders DONOT fit a Gen II busa.

I went and purchased a fender based on this thread and found that the bolts donot all line up.
There are 3 stainless bolts on each side to install the fender and the front lower bolt hole (on the 09-10 fender) is more than 3/8" lower than the fork mounting bracket.
Worst part is that the fender is not returnable.....so I will look at modding it.

This is an interesting mod. With the GSXR fender on, it will allow for easier removal of the front wheel without taking off the fender hopefully. It also looks real sweet. I am going to be ordering a carbon fiber fender off of ebay.
So the 09 and 10 GSXR fenders don't fit hey?
Will look into the CF 05 to 08 then.

Rumble

Back