busa fighter build

spart666

Registered
ok the build to date

so heres 3 months worth of updates

so it starts
got an offer i couldent refuse was going to turbo my gixxer always wanted a busa an hey got both in one pacadge time to abuse my contacts

sold both my bikes to get this and its funded via my fighters parts
know **** all about turbos so im on a steep learning curve
what i do know is the bike was originally set up by mistal eng who slapped
a garret t25/t28 on it was producing 220 at the back wheel as for engine work waiting for an email off them always nice to know
whats been done
the bike went off to get the fuel managment sorted out by holeshot and came back pushing 287 at the back wheel and 150 @5k revs
picked it up 3 weeks ago love the stance of the bike but needs work done on the detail and need to make it my own
so mrs is a touch off as its down to the engine so the work begins

P1030514-1.jpg

P1030513-1-1.jpg

done a bit of homework gratis of sf mag and mistal enginnering
so the engine spec

fully stripped and rebuilt new mains and big ends
cylinder head had the valve seats re-cut and lapped and some minor porting
bearings and seals heavy duty headstuds
heavy duty clutch springs
forged je pistons, barrel spacer
modded clutch basket billet clutch slave support bracket
garrett gt25 turbo charger tial 38mm wastegate small dump pipe k&n cone filter
alloy plenham chamber

holeshot work
fuel m,ment MBE 9A4 ECU - MODIFIED HARNESS TO SUIT ECU - 3 BAR MAP SENSOR - h/d FUEL PUMP
HEAVY DUTY FUEL INJECTORS, TOP HATS AND CLIPS - EBOOST 2 BOOST CONTROLLER NEW REGULATOR/RECTIFIER
6 STAGES OF BOOST - STAGE 1 = 287.69RWBHP - 178.81 LB FT OF TORQUE......150LB FT OF THIS IS BEING PRODUCED AT 5000RPM

dave gave me a call today and the infills that we were going to make up to get rid of the gap between the tank and frame have been thrown out in favour of modding the tank hes also templated up the turbo boost and temp guage so with a bit of luck the modded frame and tank should be home soon and can get to work with rebuilding it

got to say bloddy impressed with daves work and his ability to not sucumb to the temptation of drawing a horses willy on it :shock:

8-1.jpg

more updates starting to take shape

12-2.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

heres daves latest installments just the pods and frame mods to go
love the way its coming out
all i can do for now is **** around with some samco hoses i just got :mad3:

235.jpg

234.jpg

233.jpg

237.jpg

236.jpg

238.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

daves
been doing his magic again pods for the turbo boost and temp guages hes started on the frame couple of brackets to come off taken the lip off the air scoopes tapping some holes for the ignition mount which is going in the engine bay still needs to fill and vent right hand scoop and two cut outs for wiring at front of tank so another 5 mins work :) should be
home in week or so with a satin black frame
:D

001.jpg

003.jpg

020.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

wasent sure about the pods so looked at covering them

006.jpg

002-1.jpg

got the frame and tank back
frame is spot on all the unwanted lugs off ram air lips ground down and in lovelly satin black
tank got damaged on return not to badly but needs sorting so its back off to sunny northumberland dave is so looking forward to that (not)
but i had the oppertunity to slap the tank on another busa and that was when i realised the pods just dont work so back to square one
so some scratching of heads and coffee at steves helped me rethink steve had a couple of good ideas so spent a night on the net looking for inspiration :hot2:
then decided to look at the fighter sites spoke to exile who some how always manges to look at it a different way and the end result is to keep the tank in its original shape with the infills and scoop the clocks into the tank
so daves got some work to do sure i heard him say ****** in between aye i can do that :phew:
picked up the front end yesterday busa k9 forks mto3 headlight moto gadget lite speedo and idiot lights and some thug yokes to finish it off dan sorted out a headlight and clock bracket
came out well i think

newframe.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

been busy
brief was to lose the pods and as much as possible
keep the shape of the tank
he aint got much room to work in but this defo works better in my opinion :D

007-2.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

some updates
managed to get some time in the garage
and started putting things together

frame back on

P1030670.jpg

made some room at the front made up some new brackets to move things around to accomodate the clocks when daves finished the tank

P1030672.jpg

bit of muccking about to get the 636 shock back in and had to resort the spacers for the spondon arm

P1030673.jpg

P1030688.jpg

had great fun knocking out the old headrace bearings but sorted in the end just wanted to see the thug yokes in the frame
with a bit of luck one more day should see it back on its feet and i can get to work on the re-wiring painting and other ****

P1030686.jpg

P1030687.jpg

P1030689.jpg

managed to get some stuff done in the garage bikes now on its wheels cheers for the help nathan not exactly a one man job
turbo pipes through the frame
got the reasets on lights on, looks like i forgot one of the lugs on the headstock the lights fit fine but no way can i get the light plug on without hitting the headstock bracket so grinder time new cooling tank and other stuff sorted
hopefully will be at the rewiring stage next couple of weeks

P1030689.jpg

82.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

89.jpg

88.jpg

90.jpg

some updates
decided to ditch the 636 shock as i recon it aint going to be man
enough for the job got hold of a busa shock lowmilage now fitted
managed to get some of the electrics done that were bunched up
under the seat now in the seat hump were the coolent bottle was
hidding cooler on radiator fitted all lines on
subframe refitted just waiting for the tank to come back next week off to the painters and i can get onto finishing the front
still got the wiring to sort but getting there :hot2:

982.jpg

981.jpg

1042.jpg

1041.jpg

103.jpg

tank pretty much done recon when its on the bike clocks aint gonna be that obvious
just hope we got the depth right on the inside of the tank will know tuesday :grr:

96.jpg

95.jpg

94.jpg

91.jpg

right thats the post hoaring over
il update and let you know how its going

That is a cool design and some very nice work. What other projects have you completed?

That is a cool design and some very nice work. What other projects have you completed?

my main one was my nos gsxr1100 fighter last two pics was the last lot of mods was just about to get her back on the road when this project reared its ugly head:laugh:

3-1.jpg

_MG_1879-1.jpg

DSC03778-1.jpg

DSC03839.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, you're gonna want to remove that first one. nice bike tho. i hope you hang on to this one longer than the last guy who built a fighter. he finished it, then it ended up being sold after it was a feature bike in ssb.

Back