long time suzuki owner, new busa owner

13ill

Registered
a little pictorial background. previous bikes:
100_2709.jpg

1134, yosh cams, 36mm flatslides, welded crank, kerker, pm wheels, calipers
100_2875.jpg

1129cc, vance and hines prepped head, falicon crank, 36mm flatslides, megacycle cams,orient express back cut tranny, kerker exhaust, built by **** speed in chicago. 6,000 mile three owner bike
DSC02137a.jpg

stock except kehin cr carbs, vance and hines,+?
DSC02116.jpg

stock
DSC02124.jpg

1229cc, gsxr cams, v&h exhaust, dynojet stage two, mild head work. X-race only drag *****.bought from original owner who used to race it @ the now shuttered gateway international raceway. i took off the delay box, line-lock, slick and wheelie bars. hooked up the lights, installed the blinkers, great street bike, a torque monster.
plus a few others:
DSC01536.jpg

100_1680.jpg

100_2992.jpg

100_2371.jpg

benn looking to steal a busa for literally years. finally found mine on dec 17,(our thirty-third wedding anniversary) 230 miles from my house, covered with six inches of snow. literally dug it out of the apartment parking lot of a U of I accounting major who was leaving for korea the next day in fifteen degree weather. 06, 5300 miles. the best part...thirty three dead benjamins! got home @ two thirty in the morning and unloaded it the next day. the weather has been crap but finally got to take it for a fifty mile ride yesterday. WOW! the wait was worth it!
Picture005.jpg

welcome and congrats. Best price I've seen thus far.......you stole that Busa. :beerchug:

Very nice collection of bikes! Looks like a good deal on the Busa, too. Congrats.

welcome thief!!!! someone call the police cause he ripped that off!!!:cheerleader:
no seriously thats awesome!!! excellent price shows being patient really can pay off hu!!! I am originally from illinois what part are you from?

welcome thief!!!! someone call the police cause he ripped that off!!!:cheerleader:
no seriously thats awesome!!! excellent price shows being patient really can pay off hu!!! I am originally from illinois what part are you from?

i'm actually in ofallon mo. kind of good karma on the busa purchase. was posted on cl for $4k which i thought was a smokin' deal to begin with. the weather was really pissy here, freezing rain, temps in the teens, snow further north. i think that kept other potential buyers away. kind of crappy pictures on his cl ad too which did not help it selling, and it was a week before christmas. the cincher though was the seller leaving the country the day before i bought it.

its still on the original bridgestones, and both look good.the rear has normal wear, with no burnout strip in the middle.
it was lowered, and had a cut down seat on it when i bought it. i raised it back up to original height and fitted with a $40.00 ebay sargent seat. nice and comfy on the highway now. have a new pair of dunlops for it waiting to be installed. right fairing is scuffed from some losers knocking it over in his parking lot so i'll replace that too eventually. figure i can have it minty and ready to ride with a total investment of around his original asking price.

Back