OMG, home theater, bike related!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
For Christmas, my wife let me put together a "home theater" in a spare room.
projection HDTV
84 inch screen
five speakers
Dish network
Wii
XBox 360 Elite
two steering wheels, paddle shifters and pedal sets

So far it's been Moto GP, Need for Speed and Forza 3 and I can't stop!

It's so realistic, I'm such a child, so what

anyways the pics are a tour of Laguna Seca in an F50 Ferrari (there are over 50 tracks to choose from)

notice the corkscrew!

Doyle aka virtual racer during Winter.

45 auto 006.jpg

45 auto 005.jpg

45 auto 007.jpg

45 auto 008.jpg

45 auto 009.jpg

45 auto 010.jpg

45 auto 011.jpg

45 auto 012.jpg

45 auto 013.jpg

That's cause if I got on a GP bike for the tour the controller takes up both hands and I couldn't take pics!

Ummmm...... That was NOT an F50. That was a Ferrari FXX. It's a track only version of the enzo. As in, Ferrari doesn't even let you take possession of it. They only ship it to racetracks. So you contact them, tell them what track you're going to be at and when, they ship it there, you drive it, then they take it back. Just sayin... :poke:

nice set-up! that should help the winter to pass a little faster :beerchug:

Ditto on the "not bike related" (LOL!!!), but I've always loved car racing games. Can you recommend any good racing games for the Wii?

Too funny. Your setup looks like one I had yrs ago when NASCAR 98 came out.
We had two wheels mounted on a table with pedals same as yours for playstation 2.
We would set the race up to run like thirty mins or so and man like you said it's pretty realistic. Well kinda :)
But twenty mins in , in the mix with a buddy right next to ya or in your rear view mirror you'd be sweating ! It was exhausting running long game races like that.
We also had a killer NHRA game that came with a miniature replica tree.
That game was great. It would display reaction times , sixty foot as well as total time and speed.

Great setup you have and happy New Year Doyle :beerchug:

Ditto on the "not bike related" (LOL!!!), but I've always loved car racing games. Can you recommend any good racing games for the Wii?

Not really, Mario karts is fun but it's not very realistic (flying from mushroom top to mushroom top).....We play tennis and bowling with the Wii (and the girls play Rock Band but that's when I'm in the garage!) Doyle

Ummmm...... That was NOT an F50. That was a Ferrari FXX. It's a track only version of the enzo. As in, Ferrari doesn't even let you take possession of it. They only ship it to racetracks. So you contact them, tell them what track you're going to be at and when, they ship it there, you drive it, then they take it back. Just sayin... :poke:

Well holy smokes, I'll sure pay more attention to which Ferrari I drive. Enzo must be turning over in his grave!

Nice Doyle! I'll be right over... :cool: but uuuuh I-80 is kinda messed up right now. :(

It's not much but it's the next coolest thing i got after the busa & my soon to be wife. We play fifa on a 55" lcd 1080p 120hz bravia, ps3, bose 2 speaker sound....it's entertAining....that 80" of fun must be WOW!!!

Back