Correct routing of IAP

scrappy

Registered
Hey could one of you experts let me know if this is correct?

IAP is connect to the vacuum lines that run through out all 4 throttle bodies. (The line that connects to all 4 bodies simultaneously)

On the IAP i have connected 2 one-way check valves that will allow air to bleed away from the IAP.

Is this correct?

Also, their is an open port on throttle body 1 and on throttle body 4. I remember that throttle body 1 had a vac line that ran to the PAIR Valve. since that is removed i routed that vac line to the spare port on throttle body 4, and have "T'd" my BOV into that one single line... is this correct?

With all that being said, my secondary fuel injectors are ran electronically, it says in their manual that they will need to see boost and vacuum. How would i go about getting that to happen?

IMG_20101229_175527.jpg

IMG_20101229_175544.jpg

IMG_20101229_175603.jpg

Hey could one of you experts let me know if this is correct?

IAP is connect to the vacuum lines that run through out all 4 throttle bodies. (The line that connects to all 4 bodies simultaneously)

On the IAP i have connected 2 one-way check valves that will allow air to bleed away from the IAP.

Is this correct?

Also, their is an open port on throttle body 1 and on throttle body 4. I remember that throttle body 1 had a vac line that ran to the PAIR Valve. since that is removed i routed that vac line to the spare port on throttle body 4, and have "T'd" my BOV into that one single line... is this correct?

With all that being said, my secondary fuel injectors are ran electronically, it says in their manual that they will need to see boost and vacuum. How would i go about getting that to happen?

That IAP setup is a little crazy looking, but it will function properly. You can take the 1 & 4 signal hose and "t" the BOV, that's okay too. You can also grab your boost gauge signal from there, and your signal hose for your secondary controller.

When we gonna see you riding the beast?:race:

hopefully soon,

So i can tie in my secondary injectors controller into the same line as the BOV?

Also i just tied up the IAP like that just to give everyone a really good photo, otherwise it will be hiding..

:beerchug:

Ya i know that much, i may be new to boost, but not that new. I wish some one would just make an IAP that was boost friendly.

I forgot to ask you Frank, you said it would be okay to signal the BOV off the 1&4 line, do you have a preferred method?

Last edited:
:beerchug:

Ya i know that much, i may be new to boost, but not that new. I wish some one would just make an IAP that was boost friendly.

I forgot to ask you Frank, you said it would be okay to signal the BOV off the 1&4 line, do you have a preferred method?

My own preferred method varies with the application. The way you have yours set up now is fine, and should work well.:thumbsup:

well, i got some good news, after a week of wrenching and a lot of time spent thinking.. i finally got the bike running today. Now back to the plenumr we talked about rich.. i sent you another email, did you recieve it?

Oh yes...almost forgot... Happy New Year people!

Back