little ride to Seneca Rocks, WV

Love that ride. Lots of good roads down that way. If you like live music (Americana, roots, etc), hit up the Purple Fiddle in Davis. Fairly good bottled brews, and you can always crash at the Fiddler's Roost or the hostel next door. One of my favorite weekend getaways.

We loved riding western Va and in to WV when we lived in Warrenton this past year. It was a simple trip west with options of where we wanted to go and how to get there. There’s a lot of good riding out in that neck of the woods. The weather can catch you out though if not careful as it did us on a few occasions crossing Skyline heading west no matter what the weather-channel says or the computer shows…………

I miss it a lot! Makes me a bit jealous just surfing the pics. Our next big ride won't be until late April 10' when I’m home on vacation to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We’re hopefully heading to maybe Florida from Western NY pending fair riding weather. We might just have to swing west and hit WV on the way down or back though.

I just keep telling myself that the time is coming the time is coming just be patient.

Great ride! We have done this route many times, even all the way out to Elkins WV.

Postal
ECHR

You guys make me homesick....grew up around Luray and lived in the Roanoke for years before moving to Florida. More pics please!!!!:beerchug:

You guys make me homesick....grew up around Luray and lived in the Roanoke for years before moving to Florida. More pics please!!!!:beerchug:

I about 45 minutes from Roanoke, we ride the parkway there alot. Here's some pictures of Smith Mtn Lake, and Leesiville lake. The bridge is "Toler's" or "Toler's Fairy", it's been a drag race spot for decades...way out in the cut. My friend's dad(who's pretty reliable)and many other folks have told us that there's still a Mustang big block in the lake from a race in the early 70's:laugh:
I don't know if you know any of these places, but they are commonly know in the area. There'a few of the surrounding countryside near where I live. This is from last January, and my bike's changed alot since then.

011.jpg

024.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Back