Frame Covers

i am actually gonna get some myself....budddy has a set on his 1000. They look good. As for the fading anything will fade with a little sun and time. Price is a little high i agree though.

Here are some pics of mine, I bought them plain and had them painted the price seemed reasonable to me. Improved the look over the bare frame imo.

But as posted above Powder coating, chroming or polishing without a doubt will give you the best look. And if you got the time you could probably polish the frame yourself, cost you more time than money unless you pay someone to do it.

Disassembling the bike for the above procedures really didn't seem worth it for my bike, I'd rather ride it than take it apart for cosmetic upgrades, if I hadn't crashed it wouldn't even have painted it. :laugh:

As far as quality and look goes for improving the appearance of the frame the covers might be at the bottom of the list of possibilities but they were enough for me. They did cover some of the holes in the frame and only left the one big one.

I didn't go with chrome because chrome on platics just never seems to work really well for very long :)

busa in black.jpg

clutch cover 2.jpg

img304.jpg

IMG00555-20100624-1403.jpg

Last edited:
those actually look really good. I didnt know you could get em plain....Is the plain a flat black? thats what i want to match the ram air cover.

Take the time to PC the frame, gonna be a long winter. Your bike with thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Take the time to PC the frame, gonna be a long winter. Your bike with thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

agreed.. If you got forced down time going the extra mile , the result should be be worth it. :beerchug:

winter is the best time to ride here :thumbsup: spring isn't is bad also :thumbsup: Can't forget about fall :thumbsup: oh!! wait summer is great too cruising the beaches and the chicks in the bikinis want to ride too :drool: have to put the passenger seat back on in the summer rides :thumbsup:

:laugh: Now you see the dilemma I had, Busa must always be ready ride :laugh:

Don't forget to show pics of the results

Last edited:
i really dont want to strip the motor off the old girl yet i just bought her<mystique> a month ago. I wonder if i can prep the frame tape it all off and color rite it...swing arm too

I think you'll at least need to take off the swingarm to PC. The frame can be taped off pretty well, if you're not pulling the engine out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last year i removed the swing arm, rear sets, mid pipes and just about everything else that was silver except the frame and had it powder coated. Cost was $125

I used carbon fiber frame covers from Magical Racing, some carbon fiber vinyl from Tapeworks and a little high gloss black rattle can to cover the remaining silver on the frame.

CIMG0574.JPG

CIMG0572.JPG

CIMG0576.JPG

CIMG0582.JPG

Last year i removed the swing arm, rear sets, mid pipes and just about everything else that was silver except the frame and had it powder coated. Cost was $125

I used carbon fiber frame covers from Magical Racing, some carbon fiber vinyl from Tapeworks and a little high gloss black rattle can to cover the remaining silver on the frame.

Thats a really nice looking busa ace. I usually dont like red but you did really well adding the black to it. Looks good :thumbsup:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Thats a really nice looking busa ace. I usually dont like red but you did really well adding the black to it. Looks good :thumbsup:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Thank you! Just a little insurance money from my low side and some cosmetic engineering. :laugh:

that does look good. I am getting more and more sold on those frame covers.

Doing some thinking after seeing what Ace has done. I wouldn't mind black and CF on mine over the silver.

Back