Intermittent throttle hesitation

SABUSABOY

Registered
Hi Guys

I need some help. I have used the search function but with no clear answers.
The bike is a 2004 with 18600 miles with the following mods.
Dual intakes, yoshi cam gears, head port, full akrapovic exhaust, undercut gearbox flashed limiters, BoostbySmith quickshifter, PCiii usb, intergrated Taillight, and HID light kit with separate switch.Also has new battery.

The bike was running fine till last week Sunday, i went to go fetch the bike on Sunday and ride it back to my home town which is about 180 miles away.

I did a constant speed most on the way. When i got to town and pulled away from the light the bike seems to give a hesitation on part throttle but no problems at at WOT in all gears. The problem is intermitent, and comes and goes. Been riding today and doing the same. I have checked and there are no error codes. I have checked the PC map if it got corrupted, but no problems there.

Do you have any ideas?

Wanted to start with the following:
Reflash the ECU
Disable quick shifter
Check wiring to see if any bad connections or areas that are chaffed through.

Any thing else to check?
Thanks in advance

It is only when you pull away from lights? What is your idle set at? Also, when was the last time you had your throttlebodies sync'd?

MC, the idle is set at 1250 due to cams and how bike has been set up. If i pull away slowly and get to around 3000 the hit the gas then it bogs down bu it also does it a higher revs as i did a wheelie then around 7000 keep cutting out then coming back in but it happens in almost all the gears and at different rpm. Never had TB sync'd

Could be that i have the gearlever set so tight to my boot that any shift in my foot from hard acceleration or a wheelie, it could activate the quickshifter.

i would check all wires etc to make sure they are tight. It is so speradic it almost sounds like a loose connectiopn or something. Check batt cables to make sure they are tight. Connections to the pc111. Also check fuses to make sure they are all tight in thier holders.

I have checked connections to battery, PC, qucikshifter, used PC software and ECU editor to check TPS, no problms there. Started bike and use ECU ed to check sensors and readings. Have noticed while using ECU ed, that if you blip the throttle, when the engine comes back down to idle it falls to 800 rpm for a few seconds then slow goes back to 1250. Possible air leak somewhere, but then why would it hesitate in any of the rev range any any gear.

Posted pics of the QS sensor.

IMG00083-20101122-1036.jpg

IMG00084-20101122-1036.jpg

IMG00085-20101122-1036.jpg

the thing i was thinking of was at certain rps the frame of the bike will vibrate differently. Thats why i was thinking loose wire. It realy sounds like you may have a wire shorting to ground for a second here and there? Wonder if maybe you arent developing a dead spot in the chargeing system. Maybe hook a meter up to the batt and see if you can get the hesitation to repeat.

Well i busy putting everything together for my 1397 conversion, but now toying with the idea for a 1441. When shes apart, will have to go over every connection and part to see where the problem is. Just struggling without a lock up as i dont want to strip the bike righ down till i move to my new place next year. But will have a look at what i can get to for now. Just darn dangerous riding and you wheelie and all over a sudden the bike dies and suddenly fires again. Big potential for it to end in tears.

Been thinking i should remove the covers and and start it at night, maybe pick up a short somewhere when moving wires around

yup that is an excellent idea.....then you can scan for the sparks. Thats what it really sounds like to me. I would hang off the wheelies for a bit till you get it fixed man!! i woiuld hate to see a post about disaster:(

Hi SD
No not checked for it, been to busy with work. will have to check sometime as its going to go into winter herein a 2 months

Well it seems to be the quickshifter, its very sensitive and i have my gear lever set close to my boots to stop missing a shift. If i accelerate hard and change gears, my boot shifts around a bit and foiund that even the slightest touch on the gear lever cuts the throttle. Just need to adjust the sensor, but the weather has been to bad to ride here for the last month with rain storms, high winds and low temps. Will have to do it sometime or other.

what about the injectors? could be gummed up if the bike has sit for a while "?" sometimes the answer is the simplest one...........

then sometimes it's not...

Back