brought my Gen2 to the track...

oldgixxer

Registered
....for the first time yesterday. Mods are as follows:
-front end strap
-lowered in back
-brocks ultra clutch mod
Brought a 43t rear with me but didnt bother using it this time out.

Otherwise 110% bonestock w 220mi on it&had a full tank of 93 in the bike.
Finally settled on leaving at 4k rpm w the stock gearing& was able to get a best 60' of 1.61 although it does lift the front end once past 8k rpm.

Had a best mph of 148.5 once the DA started to drop at the end of the rental,but averaged around 144-145mph all day,Im 215lbs fully suited.

All in all Im pretty happy with the results for the very first time out w the bike,Im confident more seat time will drop my 60' further:beerchug:

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

Thanks!!

And I brought a 44t rear w me not 43 like I posted above lol...just waking up&still groggy as the rental was in Maryland@MIR and its a 6hr trip for me

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments:beerchug:
I took a 4 year hiatus from dragracing but now Im back:thumbsup:

Btw,I also brought my '05 GSXR-1000 w me so my roadracing buddy could try the 1/4mi for the first time.
It has:
-full exhaust w custom mapped PC3 USB
-dynojet ignition module
-brocks clutch mod
-16/42 gearing
-lowered 3" front & back
-168rwhp in cool weather

I was able to run consistent 9.6s@145-146mph w a 1.65-1.67 short time and was surprised that it was basically dead even with the Busa even thought it weighs 125lbs less

DSC00952.jpg

Thanks for the link Cheese:beerchug:

Maybe my mph will pick up once I get some more miles on it..I was still keeping it below 6k rpm while riding prior to the track rental....but I doubt it will matter since winter is modding time :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Cheese:beerchug:

Maybe my mph will pick up once I get some more miles on it..I was still keeping it below 6k rpm while riding prior to the track rental....but I doubt it will matter since winter is modding time :thumbsup:

What RPM did you shift on the tach...?

Back