My SRP build

Can some one tell me where this valve needs to go. Can't find a reference to it in the instructions

60790f7c.jpg

That looks like the valve that goes into your stock map sensor signal hose.

Frank, I assumed from other kits that would be a possibility, but my kit replaces the stock map sensor with a GM 3 bar. I didn't know if that would make a difference. Once again. I thank everyone for their time and knowledge :beerchug:

Frank, I assumed from other kits that would be a possibility, but my kit replaces the stock map sensor with a GM 3 bar. I didn't know if that would make a difference. Once again. I thank everyone for their time and knowledge :beerchug:

. . . then thats the valve that goes "gently in the garbage" . . .:laugh:

Newest idea. Since the Gen 2 has another line already in use on main galley on the left side, here are the choices for the right side. I assume the upper galley is the cap screw and the lower is where the pressure sensor is. Either sound better than the filter pickup location?

72cacebe.jpg

This picture is showing the main galley on the left side. As you can see, it is in front of the motor, under the cylinder block. You can take your oil feed from the left or right side of this galley. RCC kits take the turbo feed from the left side of this galley, just like the line you see in this pic.

The right side of the engine, in and around the oil pressure switch, is also fed by the main galley and is "filtered" oil; so yes, you can safely take your oil feed from the areas you are indicating in your picture . . . although you may have a fairing clearance issue with the higher one you have circled . . .

Last edited:
c089526f.jpg

I was going to do this side, but I dont know i f I have see a liew oilsystem that acount to both lines picuted.Would need to have banjo on bottom and tapped for another on top? Does anyone with a Gen2 have a picture of their sourced ouil fron over here?

Thanks again Frank

Last edited:
Brian:

This is a really bad picture of a mock-up on a POS motor with a beat up oil filter . . . right off of some RCC instructions for the B-King. Do this, and be done with it . . .:laugh:

oilgalleypic.jpg

Rick D, ktw88q,

Thanks both of you! I am going to do it that way. Just frustrated with how long the oil supply line it. Trying to run it so that it doesn't rest on the exhaust housing and it seems like I might just have to get a new one made to fit better.Picture anyone??? Thanks for the reassurance. Just ordered a Russell compact fuel fitler from Summit and another Earls 90 fitting. So I can get the tank back in. So, the only thing holding me back is the wiring and cutting out the intake slot from the ram-air tube on left side. So I will be done this weekend for sure! Gotta get her all done before thanks giving!!!!

Moving into the new house(Horsethief Canyon Ranch,Indian Truck Trail exit off the 15)this Sunday so you'd better get that suma***** runnin' soon.:laugh:

oh, ok, man i thoguht i screwed something up, everyone i had talked to said to remove it.. so i had.. and here i am thinking i wasn't supposed and was glad i had the motor out of the bike so i can put it back in (after i research to verify that it does go back in)... lol

hey while we are on the topic of oil line removing... what about adding a water-oil heat exchanger... i know you put that restrictor back in.. but what about the lines oil lines that run off the heat exchanger.. do you try to run the lines back to where the stock oil cooler lines went or do something else?

hey while we are on the topic of oil line removing... what about adding a water-oil heat exchanger... i know you put that restrictor back in.. but what about the lines oil lines that run off the heat exchanger.. do you try to run the lines back to where the stock oil cooler lines went or do something else?

stock :laugh:

Got to thinking this morning... On the full exhaust there was no bung for an O2 sensor when I got it. I am assuming that I am supposed to run the stock one correct?

Got to thinking this morning... On the full exhaust there was no bung for an O2 sensor when I got it. I am assuming that I am supposed to run the stock one correct?

Pretty soon you better think about emptying the garbage over there . . .:lol:

Back