Anyone ride a zx14 need non biased assesment.

Well it's official The ZX14 is mine.

08 with 18 miles looks black but it is dark blue

1107101432.jpg

Just could not pass up the deal 4500 & my 98 Bandit 1200

Will keep the Busa till spring as with the weather turning cold here in NJ no reason to sell it now.

Last edited:
Nice! Be careful with it, I've heard MANY nightmare stories about that paint! There was a rumor out there that Kawi was even thinking of how they could do a recall of it, but it would be WAY too pricey! Look at it wrong, and it'll scratch. Right down through the primer even. Something about it. LOVE the color though, too bad about the quality.
Good luck with the bike though! CONGRATS!

You will like your new 14.

I just picked up a new carry over 08 ZX14 and I'm liking it a lot.

I also have a 02 Busa, and two CBR1100XX Blackbirds(99 & 03).

The 14 is glass smooth, even smoother than my XX's and is very comfy to ride, thanks to a decent stock seat and good ergos. What you will miss with the 14 is the low end power that the Busa makes tons of. You will have to pull the flies, exhaust, and custom map with a Power Comander to get on that level.

My problem is I like em all!

To be honest the comfort of the Busa & now the 14 is why I bought them. Power is nice but both bikes have more then I need.
The paint thing now has me a little worried. I usually stay away from dark bikes & cars & look for silverish colors but as always i find a good deal on a dark color.

Hell I have yet to get to wot in 1st in the Busa as with the smaller front sprocket & The gear position thing that has it maped in 5th all the time (well thats what the guy who I bought it from told me it did) I cant keep the front end down & just monter wheelie.

But did just buy a set of slip on Erion racing pipes for the 14 I guess I now need to look for PC.

Congrats :beerchug: You won't want to get back on your busa after breaking in that 08 14. They really pick up some power after the break in. It'll run away and hide from your gen1 bigtime in the acceleration department. And outbrake it like a mofo as well. Plus its like riding a couch on 2 wheels, real easy on the body for long rides for being a sportbike. And smooth as glass at all rpms and speeds, a real magic carpet ride :thumbsup:

Got the title today Will swap bikes with him this weekend
Will take some pics of my collection & post up.

Now need to break it to the wife.

Got the title today Will swap bikes with him this weekend
Will take some pics of my collection & post up.

Now need to break it to the wife.
Made sure the wife knew last? Smart man, get what you want first, argue the point later. You sneaky bastid :laugh:

Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

Congrats on the addition. I've spent time on one and didnt like nor dislike it...would probably buy one if the right deal came along.

Well I got her home.... No backing out now.

Had to reoganize the garage So here are the toys

1114101541_01.jpg

Busa

1114101542_01.jpg

VTX 1800

1114101541a_01.jpg

DRZ 400s (with my car & truck in the backgrond)

1114101542b_01.jpg

Xr650l (& my daughters ttr90)

1114101542a_01.jpg

All tucked away

1114101638_01.jpg

Back