extended arm?

McIntosh, Adams if your looking for an extended arm for drag racing. If you are buying new your looking at about 1k for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep will be for drag racing and street racing and normal riding or would i be better off with just extensions

I can hook you up with a 3-4" over McIntosh.

what would be the best for drag racing and street riding. Im not a twistie rider but i do like to hit some curvy roads here and there. Most of my rides are highway and around town.

I have an Adams on mine. I was going to go with a McIntosh but got a hell of a deal on this one used. I think you will be good going with either company IMO.

Depends on if you are building the bike for a certain class or not. My wheelbase is set at 61.5 to give me enough chain adjustment to go to 62. I ride mine on the street more than I do the strip but this length does well for me.

No class just wanna go to the track here and there and go as fast as i can go. Im gonna try and go as low as possible on the stock arm and then stretch it so i can launch harder and run faster

Last edited:
Get a 0-6 and set it at about 3 or 4 over. Should be perfect for how you want to ride it.

Everything is a trade off. If you go longer it will not turn as easy. The longer it is the harder it is to hook up with common tires you will want to run on the street. The longer you go the more likely you are going to run into hitting the rear tail. The longer it is the more of a need for different shocks and spring rates to hook it up.
64-65” wheelbase base busa are pretty common, but I agree with the above post, I felt 61-62” was a better all around combination. I wanted to keep the stock “more stealth” look so I went with a 3-4 McIntosh. It does not have the 6” long slot that looks a bit out of place to me. With the shock, I could hook it up at the track pretty good with a Pilot Power. It stuck like glue with more race oriented tires.
A 61-62” bike will take more finesse to launch than a 64-65” bike so there is a bit of loss on the 60’ times with the shorter bike. It will still work better than a stock wheelbase regardless.

I have a shinko 003 ultra soft on the back now been running it for over a year. I very rarley take twistie roads but i dont wanna stretch it too far and not be able to corner at all

It will still corner at 6 inches, but will take much more effort to do so. That is the reason I went 3-4. It still affected cornering enough that I'm back at stock wheelbase now after a couple of years extended. Personal preference weighs in a lot here.

Im running a 6" Myrtle West extension and i am pretty happy with it. It takes a little getting used to through corners but once you just get a feel for how it reacts you should have no issues as long as your not trying to drag knees or anything. But as far as hooking it up goes thats a differant story. I can have ALOT of wheelspin in first and second and the occasional Third spin but thats with the crappy Bridgestone Bt015s next spring im going to be trying a stickier tire to hopefully cure that.

It will still corner at 6 inches, but will take much more effort to do so. That is the reason I went 3-4. It still affected cornering enough that I'm back at stock wheelbase now after a couple of years extended. Personal preference weighs in a lot here.

sounds to me that i may need to just go the bolt on route incase i decide to change my mind and i'm not stuck with a complete swingarm. Future plans mabe be a head and cams package with Juice

Here are a couple examples for you first pic wheelbase is set at roughly 63" (+4.5") second one changed out to a longer arm with underbracing and wheelbase is now 64.5" (+6") both arms are CanadianMike extended 600 arms. Bike is lowered roughly 3/4" in the front and 2" in the rear.
Busa 23.jpg
Busa 33.jpg

Busa 23.jpg

Busa 33.jpg

Back