Gen 1 stage 1 rcc ultra

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
Wossner Pistons, Wossner H-beam rods, 1/2" studs, H.D. valve springs, Microtech 2-bar with secondaries -complete engine rebuild, best of everything . . . tuned to 18 pounds of boost on PUMP gas . . .

DSCN0504.jpg

Attachments

• cocoaspudturbo1.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,115
Thats a great setup for a streetbike:thumbsup: Can't believe they didn't go with a 08 crank!!! In any future gen 1 build I do it will accompany my current turbo setup with a 08 crank, a wise street cam choice, 1363 pistons, a bit of head work all in an effort to maximize 18lb of pump gas power. Just guessing but if all the above was done to this bike Frank do you think it would pump out 380+or - some Hp?

Thats a great setup for a streetbike:thumbsup: Can't believe they didn't go with a 08 crank!!! In any future gen 1 build I do it will accompany my current turbo setup with a 08 crank, a wise street cam choice, 1363 pistons, a bit of head work all in an effort to maximize 18lb of pump gas power. Just guessing but if all the above was done to this bike Frank do you think it would pump out 380+or - some Hp?

Your goal of 380+ at the same boost on pump would necessitate a different approach, because the engine work you are describing would not do it, IMO, that is, that the Stage One turbo used here won't go there, even with the work you suggest. It doesn't have enough steam, you need a bigger turbo.

You buy the original Ultra Kit, which comes with a GT35R, for $11,000, and bolt it onto your Gen 1 bottom end. Just make sure you got good rods, 1/2" studs, turbo pistons, etc. and you will make 375+ at 18 pounds of boost on pump. The GT35 has more steam and will make over 600 with head work on a stock crank and cams . . . :beerchug:

and it makes a great streetbike!:banana:

Man Ive never even been able to hear mine

seriously?? thanks for the heads up.. was already tossing around in my head what i would have to spend and do to bump boost a little. i need to learn to be happy with what i got.

very nice bike though frank.

get a louder bov. turboxs RFL, you'll hear that little beast. i prefer the hks or tial personally.

I definitely agree with this statement. No fmu to be found on this bike. Stage 2, definitely.

Actually, it is not. It is an RCC Stage 1 kit that has been upgraded with an Ultra Plenum with piggybacks. The original turbo is still a Stage 1 turbo unit from RCC. The Ultra Plenum can also be added to Gen 2s without the piggybacks, since the Gen 2 stock fuel system has the capability of fueling the bike at the boost levels seen here. Unfortunately, the Gen 1 stock fuel system does not. So, for those who already have a Stage 1 on an early Busa - the option of adding an Ultra Plenum is presented here. A great way of getting more out of your existing kit on PUMP . . .:cheerleader:

Back