Weight Loss and Braking

Need to learn more about the radial master cyl. and how that improves braking. Do they come in kits or would you need make your own adding brake reservoir and other pieces?

Charlie, Accossato Brake Master Cylinder kits come like this.

We've also got a FREE special going right if you purchase a MC, it includes a free Galfer front braided Brake line.

Accossato Radial Brake & Clutch Master Cylinder: FREE Shipping | Pashnit Moto

accossato_Img_0061.jpg

accossato_Img_0056.jpg

accossato_Img_0061.jpg

accossato_Img_0056.jpg

Whooooaaa there buddy...

Charlie, you don't need all that stuff. You are not gonna shave off enough lap time to pay for all that. Your bike, as it sits with Aftermarket Exhaust, Brake Pads (well, some lines would be good) and Tires is PLENTY fast - Look at UncleSteve (Wheelieboy:bowdown:). That money would be much better spent on TRACKDAYS and experience - THAT will make you faster more than anything.

If you have that kind of $$ that's burning a hole in your pocket, give it to ME and I'm sure I'll find something motorcycle related to do with it...:laugh:

Lastly, if you're gonna spend all that kind of money, buy you a trackbike and ride the crap out of it. Alot cheaper to fix if (when) you crash.

P.S. Don't forget Ohlins Suspension and Vortex Rearsets!!!

So the question is:

$1500 Brocks CT Single
$350 Radial MC - I am sure there is more cost in this than I see now.
$75 HH Pads (Already using them)
$2300 BST Wheels
$800 Galfer Rotors
$100 2 Caliper Rebuild Kits
$ 5125 Total!!!
That is track bike money for sure. I'll have to keep thinking on this. As far as Atkins...I'm 156lbs, not going much off that.

Add another $1,500 to your BST estimate... :laugh:

Ok Charlie! I have an 09 Gsxr 1k that I use for tracking, but I felt let down by my busa. So I got her very close in braking to the 09.

Brakes:
Speglier dual SS brake lines get them +2" longer then stock.
Brembo Rcs Master cylinder. Yes.... it is the Sh1t! Worth it.
Veserah Brake pads... Yes.... Great feel and bite.

Full single sided Exhaust:
Any will work... I have the Yoshimura R77 full SS and dropped 33lbs.

Also consider going +2 or +3 (I have +3) in the rear to shorten wheel base and go +1" with dog bones in the rear! It will give better feel to the front end as well as cornering clearance on the sides! My opinions for a better handling busa!

SANY0024.jpg

Have you got pics with it on the bike? This is what I want to see! Thanks for the info.

Ok Charlie! I have an 09 Gsxr 1k that I use for tracking, but I felt let down by my busa. So I got her very close in braking to the 09.

Brakes:
Speglier dual SS brake lines get them +2" longer then stock.
Brembo Rcs Master cylinder. Yes.... it is the Sh1t! Worth it.
Veserah Brake pads... Yes.... Great feel and bite.

Full single sided Exhaust:
Any will work... I have the Yoshimura R77 full SS and dropped 33lbs.

Also consider going +2 or +3 (I have +3) in the rear to shorten wheel base and go +1" with dog bones in the rear! It will give better feel to the front end as well as cornering clearance on the sides! My opinions for a better handling busa!

Look at the link Charlie. And yes there is more to it then bolting it on. I had to cut back the lower edge of the upper triple clamp to get the the fitment I wanted. But the braking is great! I can slow this big blue pig from 135 mpg back to back pretty good. the rear gets squirming like the 09 1k's when I do this! Both bikes are almost dead even on power and feel with the brembo feeling better then the 09 1k's nissin radial master cylinder.

The 08 Busa has +2" speglier brake lines, with same veserah pads, and the brembo radial master cylinder on stock rotors.

The 09 has speglier brake lines stock length, with verserah pads and stock nissin radial master cylinder.

Yes the 1k is 100lbs lighter then the busa, but the brembo has better feel and smoothness in lever input over the nissin master cylinder.

If you are on a budget there are some places to skimp out a little. Wheels can wait.... Go full single sided exhaust. Mine was $830. The brembo master cylinder was $320. I had my own fluid cup. Add cost to that... Full SS line kit +2" for the front due to the way the radial master cylinder positions the lines. I got the full kit for $100 front and rear. Then the dog bones. Soups because you can adjust ride height for you. Raise the back as high as you can go! I have a 31.5" inseam so I went as high as it would allow. $90 bucks dog bones. I also run 190/55r17 on the back too! Then the rear sprocket under $100 bucks. Give or take a few 100 dollars.... and you are into it for 1500 bucks! Yes the rims would help too, but that is track day money there!

If you decide to go with the brembo I can help with pictures to show you more what I did to save you time! Us Blue 08's got to stick together....Right Kieth!

Last edited:
For that matter, why are we worrying about this anyway when the Blues are clearly THE FASTEST anyway! :moon: Those are the :rulez:

He wants his 08 Blue to better then it is stock, So it can further put him ahead of the others! Rules to modding 1 of 1 :rulez::poke::laugh:

Tim, if you'll bring your Busa to Barber next year, I'll bring mine and with Charlie we'll have to get a 3 Blue GEN II shot....

Just about any 4-1 full system would get you right. Then that braking overhaul your talking about...that is stepping up to the plate!

Back