ECU flash in S. Cal

a6cd89a2-186f-3695.jpg

:whistle:

So I just got off the phone with Bob at Bob's Garage in San Marcos. He sounds like he has his head on straight. He stated that if 10 of us roll down he can far from guarantee that we get done. He stated sight unseen if I show up with a SRP preloaded with ECU editor he was thinking 3hrs. Things could go faster, slower.. you know the drill. Depends on how bad I messed up the install :whistle: But he is very used to it and would be more than happy to work with us. So for now I say, :thumbsup:

And don't everyone forget to buy your pig tails before you show up for tuning! Hard to get'er done otherwise.

I am getting a SRP kit and have been calling around trying to find a place to dyno tune mine past the "base" flash I am getting from Jay at SRP. Bob's garage in San Marcos states that they can. I found a search thread way back about them. I will just have to wait and see once I talk to them in person/take my bike there to see if they can or not. So, I can have better answer for you in about a months time.

Funny,i'd just now ran across this post and only a bit ago in your other post mentioned you should give Bob Moreland @ Bob's Garage a call...we're on the same page.:thumbsup:

1. killerrudy
2. theskaz
3. teryx
4. mestona
5. Vega
6. Rip777s
7. aussiekeeper
8. kromdom
9. piratediverjeff

The challenge will be to pick the ONE day that will work for MOST/ALL. Is NOVEMBER DO-able fellas? I am guessing a SATURDAY will work for MOST.

Post here your preferences, MAJORITY rules and then it will be up to us to make it work.

Brian,
Any ballpark figures on cost/person per dyno? I am guessing 1st bike is strapped on the dyno NLT 0730-0800?

P.S. VEGA, please stand by with your "secret weapon" :whistle:

Last edited:
1. killerrudy
2. theskaz
3. teryx
4. mestona
5. Vega
6. Rip777s
7. aussiekeeper
8. kromdom
9. piratediverjeff

The challenge will be to pick the ONE day that will work for MOST/ALL. Is NOVEMBER DO-able fellas? I am guessing a SATURDAY will work for MOST.

Post here your preferences, MAJORITY rules and then it will be up to us to make it work.

Brian,
Any ballpark figures on cost/person per dyno? I am guessing 1st bike is strapped on the dyno NLT 0730-0800?

Oops.

Sorry bro,i don't need a tune at this time so go ahead and delete me from the list(i was just recommending Bob as i know him and think he'd do a good job for you guys...though i'll keep up to speed on this post and maybe ride down with you guys just to give Bob a hard time,saw him 2 weeks ago at the Mojave Mile with Noonan and he's a riot:laugh:).:thumbsup:

Gotcha, Jeff. Good to hear from another org member that BOB is OK (Ron, aussiekeeper, also told me about BOB before this thread came up).

1. killerrudy
2. theskaz
3. teryx
4. mestona
5. Vega
6. Rip777s
7. aussiekeeper
8. kromdom
9. piratediverjeff

Brian,

Oh she's there regardless... Any excuse to ride! :thumbsup: And we're good for any day of the week, but weekends are nice for less traffic...

So what would the ball-park price on this be? I can currently do weekdays or a Saturday, I just don't want to ride in the middle of a downpour (it has been raining non stop where I live, good way to get myself hit and killed around here). My situation might change in the next couple of weeks as I may be up for a new day job.:beerchug:

waiting on killerrudy to give us some guess-timates. I am guessing a SATURDAY will work out best for most of us, most preferably one without a forecast for RAIN :)

Sorry guys. I am working nights so I just woke up. I had told him 10 hooners and he said he couldn't solidify a price till he saw bodies at his door. His guess was 100 for a basic bike (aka bolt ons) and prob 300 for my bike. These are all tentative prices. He didn't want to talk specifics without a locked on date.... I should be getting my turbo between next friday and anytime the following week. So November sounds do able...

waiting on killerrudy to give us some guess-timates. I am guessing a SATURDAY will work out best for most of us, most preferably one without a forecast for RAIN :)

saturday good, rain not so good. oh and by they way, I only have 500 miles on my bike, i assume he needs to rev the **** out of it to do the tune.

saturday good, rain not so good. oh and by they way, I only have 500 miles on my bike, i assume he needs to rev the **** out of it to do the tune.

That's an easy fix, drop off your bike at my place this weekend and I'll add a 1,000 to it for you...:whistle:

:beerchug:

That's an easy fix, drop off your bike at my place this weekend and I'll add a 1,000 to it for you...:whistle:

:beerchug:

i will probably get 100 on it this weekend, then it at least 75 miles down to Bobs from san berdo, It might be close to 1000 on her by the time we do this.

so I just need this $8 wire to make this work?

theskaz/killerrrudy have shelled out the moolah for the interface below so user's can use Petrik's free software: ECU Flashing
P.S. I am planning to make a small "donation" to them :beerchug: You should be racking up more miles when you head over to Huntington Beach to get suited by Z Customs.

gen%202%20flasher.JPG

Last edited:
I will try to hurry up to get my hairdryer installed so as to not hold up the line. But yeah get your cables. Only $8 bucks and 2 minutes of your time. So we can all get hooked up! and attack us some dynos! :thumbsup:

Back