Broke my leg... badly

Russell most sorry to hear this . I guess maybe a bright side is that none of the broken bones ruptured any veins and you were in no danger of bleeding to death internally .
I am praying and wishing for you a most speedy recovery .

Hope you heal up soon and well.

I remember when I was younger and we were playing in some playoffs. I had a bad habit of doing the same thing. I would run up and walay on the ball as the opponent was trying to kick it.
One time a ref stopped me and told me not to do that cause I could break my leg. I guess he was right. Thats just one of those moments that stayed with me over the years. :laugh:

Being that I'm no stranger to sports injuries, I cringed just reading about yours! I wish you a speedy recovery and may it be as pain free as possible.

Man, I couldn't imagine the force that must have took or the pain you must have felt!

I wish you a speedy recovery! :beerchug:

ouch, makes me hurt reading it, sorry to hear, sending some prayers for quick recovery for ya..airports are gonna luv ya now....take care

Been there done that. Traction is a wonderful thing to take the pain away until the drugs kick in. :cheerleader: I broke my right leg in 4 places 10 years ago. I broke my femur, tibia and the fibula (in 2 places). I had rods in my femur and tibia.

Heal quickly. Oh and I had all my hardware removed after two years. Until then here is what is in your leg. :poke:

rods2.JPG

29 PALMS! That's Gods country! I loved it when I was stationed out there for over 5 years! I still head out that way on my vacations just to soak up the sun.

Surgeon just came in. Got delayed a bit but for sure going into surgery in a half hour. Thanks for all the prayers :)

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

OUCH! I'm so sorry, Prayers for a quick and full recovery.
My son broke his femur in 3 places after a car accident back in 2003. He still has his pin in his leg and yes it will set off the metal detectors at the airport.

Are ya still in surgery? I hope they didnt work on the wrong leg!:laugh:

Heal up fast bro, breakin anything sucks, but you defiently got a good story out of it.

Surgery went well. Didnt take pain meds til just a bit ago cause my knee started being pretty sore. Asked for tylenol and got perkasets lol. The food is amazing in this naval hospital. had a rootbeer float for desert with breakfast. Not having much pain with the rod. Just the knee being sore and my heeo most likely from being so immobile. I dont want to even talk about the iv troubles ive had. Im almost out of veins cause they suck here. The corpsman guys. Im a good patient person with them though cause they are doing what they can and treat me well. And its not the drugs making me nice :p theyve said 6 weeks til i will be walking without crutches. We will see. Im gonna guess 4 cause i heal fast. I was out of the hospital in less than two weeks when my appendix burst and almost died and all that good stuff. They said id be in the hospital for a month with drains when that happened. I had drains for a week and a hald and like i said less than 2 weeks in the hospital. So i expect this time along with the many prayers like then ill be in good shape fast :) God takes care of me. Im sure there was a reason this happened. Who knows why. Im bored and slept alot so i ramble. After being in so much pain and now feeling good ive been in quite a good mood.

Thanks for all the prayers again :)

my (former as of tommarrow afternoon) boss broke his and was out and on crutches for almost 5 months... so hope you heal quickly marine my prayers are with you and enjoy your view of the sand and stumps lol

Well less than 12 hours after surgery since i was doing so well my surgeon said we should try crutches. The physical therapist came in and i insisted doing almost everything besides standing up by myself. If they want to release me tomorrow i need to be able to do it all. Put my leg on the ground without much pain and omg the stint is heavy. But i walked around and put myself back in bed fine :) doctors are quite amazed so prayers are workin :thumbsup:
And meds from earlier were worn off so did it on no meds also :)

Back