Who keeps pipes stock and why?

I dont understand how anyone could like the look of the stock pipes.:puke: My aftermarket is even shortened....I think its a great shortie look without having the loudness of some of the other shorties out there.

could not stand the way the rear end of the bike looked so i changed to what i personally think is the best alternative, a full dual high mount HMF system...not too loud as long as i keep the RPM's low so i can get out of the neighborhood in the middle of the night without waking everyone up and yet they will talk when i'm out playing...with the full system running out behind me, it also isn't very loud to me at speed...it just works for me :beerchug:

Stock sleeper here.
I'm also siding with the folks on keeping a "low profile". Always loved the sound and look of the Busa right off the showroom floor.
Especially when its laying down just under 206hp. (w/ bottle aboard)
:firedevil:

a.jpg

The look of a white bike with the stock black pipes is awesome. Wouldn't have it any other way. As a matter of fact, the pipes on the white bike were what sold me... aside from the pure thrill of riding the bike!

While I do like the look of some of the after market pipes it comes out of the same money that buys track days, track tires, and other track day related expenses. Probably won't happen unless I stumble across a killer deal somewhere.

I love the sound of a sport bike with aftermarket pipes. The factory pipes look too boring for me. Is there a thread to shorten the R22 cans ?

Mine are only stock because at the moment, I'm broke.

Like the stealth mode sound, even with it quiet cops still follow me around all the time.

I'd go full system just to drop some weight.

I have Yosh's (for the sound and to smooth out throttle response with a PC) but, I keep all my stock parts. I reason the NEXT buyer might want them. I even keep the stock brake lines (after changing to stainless) and pegs. If the next buyer wants the bike, he should be able to have all the stock pieces also. Stock Exhaust especially if he lives in Denver, San Fran or some other Wack-O :cookoo: anti motorcycle city :laugh:

Stock pipes suck. Jellyrug, if you think your bike is worth more stock, think again. Your bike will never be a collectors item. Never.

I only keep them if I have emissions testing or the state requires them to be on! But after that back to my aftermarket exhaust!

Except for an alarm, my Busa will remain bone stock.

Three reasons:

1.) I plan on keeping the bike forever, so many years from now it has to be an original.

2.) I ride with a lot of folks with pipes, none seem to have gotten the map perfect, you can see the black soot and smell the CO. If I did not do the tuning myself, I would always wonder if it is exactly right. Currently I get around 50mph with a nice white carbon stain leaving the stock pipes, showing that the bike runs perfect. Changing pipes, getting the stuff to flash the ECU, doing data logging just seems like a lot of work.

3.) This Busa has more power and handling than I can ever use on the street, why bother for saving a few pounds and gaining only a few hp's.?
I'm a power junkie, I change my exhaust systems strictly for more performance, along with power commanders, air filters, gearing, and sometimes other things. I would love to be able to leave my bikes stock, but honestly, so far I've never owned a stock bike that had enough power and acceleration for me :laugh: When you do the mods I listed, and tuned properly, you get a BIG increase in power you can REALLY feel :thumbsup: Plus the big weight loss makes a HUGE difference in the handling and feel of the bike :beerchug: But really power is the main reason I change them. Otherwise I'd be happy to leave the stock exhaust on, I'm fine with the looks, and like the stealth sound.

Last edited:
I only keep them if I have emissions testing or the state requires them to be on! But after that back to my aftermarket exhaust!

I have to put my stock cans back on next summer to get it tagged, don't know if I'll keep changing back, and forth though. I guess every 2 years ain't so bad ?

I kept mine stock because:
1. I love the looks of them.
2. Nice and quiet, therefore not attracting LEOs.
3. Keeps the torque band down where it belongs.
4. I figure engineers know what they're doing. :-)

Last edited:
Stockers here. I have always modded every vehicle I have owned. Never seemed to be happy no matter what I did to them. Decided this time to enjoy the bike and the ride. I even left the reflectors on it!
Posted via Mobile Device

I kept mine stock because:
1. I love the looks of them.
2. Nice and quiet, therefore not attracting LEOs.
3. Keeps the torque band down where it belongs.
4. I figure engineers know what they're doing. :-)

The engineers know what they're doing....Passing emissions ?

Last edited:
i'm rocking the stock water heater sized muffler/cannons right now because i cant afford to put the system i want on it. i like the way they sound but i'd like a little more feedback from them. stock busa sounds too much like a vacuum cleaner

Mine is stock and I like it that way. Though a slip-on gives a better sound, but I dont like the look of most of the aftermarket slip-ons...looks out of place from the rest of the bike (unless you paint the entire bike and make it match)

I am thinking of putting the stockers back on.I installed a pair of Yoshi slip-ons and now have a dead spot right off of idle if you blip the throttle.Makes engine braking a pain.Maybe I just need a correct tune?

I'm keeping it stock. I ride the piss out of it and don't plan on ever turning it into a show bike. I'll keep the money for tires.

I like some of the aftermarket systems, especially when I don't have to pay for them.

Stock pipes suck. Jellyrug, if you think your bike is worth more stock, think again. Your bike will never be a collectors item. Never.

Definitely will be a collectors item. I will be the collector.

Jokes aside, who knows what the world will look like 40 years from today? I work hard to normally get what I want. The Busa was not expensive, yet it's one of the nicer things I have. Perhaps you just have the wrong color?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back