New goal to drag my elbow!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I have a new goal in life after my last track day which was yesterday! My son Troy put his elbow down for the first time and he didn't do it just once, he did it like three laps in a row for the camera. After all, you only get your elbow down for the first time "ONCE"!

The Track Photographer came by to tell Troy he had some good photos of this historic event. Troy told me some time back he was confident he could get his elbow down. I didn't think that would happen but I'm happy to say I was wrong. I'll post up a photo when they become available online!

When Troy came back to the pits he raised his elbow and pointed to the titanium plate which was all skinned up sporting a smile on his face that reached from ear to ear. I just glanced and ask "Did you fall down"? He says, "Hell no, that's in turn 2 dude"! I still didn't know if I believed him until I followed him through the turn and watched it for myself. I must admit, I was and still am, very proud of that boy!

Now I have a goal of dragging my elbow. Come on Macon, lets make this a contest to see who can get R down first :thumbsup: Case of beer to the winner, eh? :lol:

I spent the last session of the day doing my damndist to scuff my elbow but it wasn't happening on this day. I had that heifer laid over so far I swear I could lick the pavement but just couldn't get the elbow to touch. I found myself moving my elbow around like a crippled duck doing my best to find the pavement. I think I may have to move my pegs up a notch to make it work but Troy's foot pegs are the same as mine so that's no excuse. So I suppose "Lack of talent" would be the honest excuse. However, I am not done! I have a dream! No, I can't use that phrase, it's already taken. I have a goal! Get-R-Done! :beerchug:

Oh by the way, our very own "GregBob" gave up his Q2's yesterday for a set of Pirelli's new "Track Day Slicks" ($350) According to Pirelli you don't need warmers and they last for 8-10 track days. Depending on the rider and the bike I'm sure but they out last race tires for sure. And the GregBob cut about 3 seconds off his lap times by days end. Towards the end of the day Greg got out a ways ahead of me and got a gap of half the length of the front straight. It took me three laps to catch the bastid and I wasn't playn!

Apparently I am forced to sabotage the folkers bike to keep him behind me! :dunno:

I was on Q2's so I had an excuse. At least that was the excuse I used :whistle:

When I was attempting to drag my elbow was the first time I had doubts about the Q2 front. I'll admit I had a few butterflies while my mind was questioning the grip of a street tire to hang in there when demanding such performance. However, the skins never slipped at all. So don't go crashing on a Q2 and blame it on the tire. It ain't the tire son! It's the jocky! :thumbsup:

What a great way to spend a day with friends! If you haven't made your first trip to the track with your beloved bike, please do so! It can turn into a life long trip that you'll enjoy over and over again! :cheerleader:

Last edited:
stole these from another site.:thumbsup:

valentino-rossi-catalunya-03.jpg

deals_gap.jpg

double-elbow.jpg

wow !
That first pic of Valetino looks 'Doctored' :laugh:

I remember watching him at Laguna Seca and from the rear camera it looked as if he was close to dragging buttcheek as well !

Last edited:
How tall is he? Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you're a certain height and your arms and legs are long enough, that'd be really hard on a Busa, since it's capable of less of a lean angle that say a 1000.
I've wondered for some time if I could pull it off. I'm 5'10" and evenly proportioned. I easily flatfoot a stock height Busa. I have to hang off the seat pretty good to get a knee down without scraping pipes and engine on the road. At best my elbow is at least a foot away, and I've tried. I wonder if I have actually have enough reach to pull it off on the Busa. I need to try it on a 1000 first. I imagine it's a blast. Keep the info coming, I want some pointers!

SteveO's tracking a Gixxer 1K he's not trying that on a Busa...

I dragged my elbow a while back.
Soon (very) followed by my shoulder, back, head, sky/ground/sky/ground, whoops, there go my feet over, with the bike doing pirouettes thru the sky between them.
Come on SteveO, you can do it!!:laugh:

That is some trust in the "TIRES" along with "YOU" as the Pilot! I dont think I could get that comfortable to get an elbow down! I am happy with getting my knees down when I can.... But I am short at 5'8"!:laugh:

Last edited:
That is some trust in the "TIRES" along with "YOU" as the Pilot! I dont think I could get that comfortable to get an elbow down! I am happy with getting my knees down when I can.... But I am short at 5'8"!:laugh:

I've seen you ride dude! I think you and Shane both could get your elbow down if you made your mind up to get R done!

I'm pretty sure I can get it done. I've got the beast over about as far as she's going without adjusting the pegs up a notch. So it's more body position and maybe move my hand out a little on the grip?

I simply cannot let that kid of mine get the best of me on this. :cheerleader:

I've seen you ride dude! I think you and Shane both could get your elbow down if you made your mind up to get R done!

I'm pretty sure I can get it done. I've got the beast over about as far as she's going without adjusting the pegs up a notch. So it's more body position and maybe move my hand out a little on the grip?

I simply cannot let that kid of mine get the best of me on this. :cheerleader:

Thanks Steve! On the busa probably not! I got her up in the rear pretty good! On the 09 1k... I havent gotten her to the track! I am almost due for a tire change.... Got a set of Q2s! Hope they do better then the PP's do for me on the busa! Now when I had the 01 RSV 1k aprilia....yes I could try to get an elbow down! Something about that allowed me to get away with extreme lean angles when compared to the inlines I ride! What tire pressure you recommend fot the Q2s pn an 09 1k?

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys had a hell of a time. I was thinking of trying those perellis out but couldn't find any one with expierience or info on them.

I think I have some body position to work on before I can atempt elbow drag'n. I ground off quite a bit of my foot pegs on that trip to Seattle.

when i first heard about draggin elbows, I was skeptical till i saw this vid

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats insane, cant wait to see the pics, bout as far over as i trust in going in pegs lol then again i dont play on the track either, no way i'm gonna go that far on the street.

Tuf I sat there with you and your son and watched his track videos and man that was neat to see him talk about his laps on a high def screen... He can ride but so can you.. There is no doubt that he can ride with the big boys, nothing more fun than listening to him talk about riding with pridmore and hanging out on the track with the supported riders. I was impressed when he was laughing when he and pridmore were riding two up, a guy that hangs out and puts as much energy into riding as he does can't help but be great... You should be proud!

cap

Tuf I sat there with you and your son and watched his track videos and man that was neat to see him talk about his laps on a high def screen... He can ride but so can you.. There is no doubt that he can ride with the big boys, nothing more fun than listening to him talk about riding with pridmore and hanging out on the track with the supported riders. I was impressed when he was laughing when he and pridmore were riding two up, a guy that hangs out and puts as much energy into riding as he does can't help but be great... You should be proud!

cap

Thanks Cap! I am very proud of that young man. He sets his head to do something he usually gets it done. When he started racing he was 220 lbs and now he is a chiseled 175 lbs. Everybody likes that kid, makes me proud!

Thanks Steve! On the busa probably not! I got her up in the rear pretty good! On the 09 1k... I havent gotten her to the track! I am almost due for a tire change.... Got a set of Q2s! Hope they do better then the PP's do for me on the busa! Now when I had the 01 RSV 1k aprilia....yes I could try to get an elbow down! Something about that allowed me to get away with extreme lean angles when compared to the inlines I ride! What tire pressure you recommend fot the Q2s pn an 09 1k?

I run 28-29 rear cold 30-31 front cold depending on the outside air temperature. Hot pressures will end up at 31-32 rear and 33-34 front. Keep an eye on the tire, it should have that orange peal look. If it gets that lava flow look it's to hot and needs another pound or maybe two in order to cool it down. If cold tares show up drop a pound or so and keep an eye on the tire until you find the proper temp and pressure. Tire pressures change as the outside air temp changes.

What, no sparks :poke: :laugh:

Sparks are NFG unless you have titanium knee sliders.

Last edited:
Back