OK You Nor Cal Misfits

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I'm off to meet the FOG's in Carson City Saturday. If you want to join, be at the Rancho Murieta Country Store/Gas at 6 am. Lunch in Auburn via Downieville.

Doing an organized bicycle 50 miler in morning....darn it. Please throw a post up like this in the future Russ! Doyle

Doing an organized bicycle 50 miler in morning....darn it. Please throw a post up like this in the future Russ! Doyle

Next weekend? Been tryin' to get the FOGs over the hill to see something called The Left Coast. Skaggs Baby!!! Time's runnin' out for you east siders, better get your ride on. While your snow bound I'll be donning the Gerbings. Ride Ride Ride. :moon:

Next weekend? Been tryin' to get the FOGs over the hill to see something called The Left Coast. Skaggs Baby!!! Time's runnin' out for you east siders, better get your ride on. While your snow bound I'll be donning the Gerbings. Ride Ride Ride. :moon:

Next weekend I'm meeting my brother (whose riding up to Bishop with 5 Harley guys from Palm Springs) for a ride over Sonora, etc. (He rides a V Strom). It doesn't seem to be a "Hayabusa type ride". More like a "biscuits and gravy at the cafe" type affair.
Anyways, the week after that I'll start posting suggestions. I too have Gerbings electric clothes so, short of snowfall, I'm there!
Doyle

FOGS do over 300 miler Saturday......

Ahhhh yes, what could be better than great weather and great company doing what we love to do in the Sierra Nevada mountains.............a full day of canyon carving, what else? :laugh:
Russ Pardini lives down by Sacramento and left his house at a little after 5:30AM just so he could meet up with us FOGs at our fav Carson City Starbucks hook up point by 9:00 Saturday morning. :thumbsup:
After our share of coffee we headed north on hwy 395 and then west up and over Mt. Rose, around the north end of Lake Tahoe and then north towards Truckee. After a break in Sierraville, it was tire smokin' all the way up and over Yuba Pass and on into Downieville. After a quick lunch in Grass Valley it was time to assault one of the best stretches of high speed twisities on the planet, namely, Wentworth Springs Rd, out of Georgetown. First was a break at Stumpy Meadows Reservoir where a few more pics were taken. After Wentworth Springs and homeward via Ice House Rd, Russ parted company and headed back home via hwy 50 west. The remaining three of us pointed our rides towards Lake Tahoe and eventually home to CC. I got in at 6:30PM and still have a smile on my face! What a day....................thanks to Russ (Pardini), Ralphus Maximus (Pacemaster) and Robster aboard his ever faithful Connie-14.
Pics taken atop Mt. Rose, at the Sierraville rest area, south of Downieville and Stumpy meadows reservoir.

100_4060 (Large).jpg

100_4065 (Large).jpg

100_4068 (Large).jpg

100_4071 (Large).jpg

100_4072 (Large).jpg

......and a few more for your viewing pleasure! :laugh:
Gotta do it while we can up here, for all too soon old man winter will be slamming the door in our faces! ARGHH!!

100_4075 (Large).jpg

100_4076 (Large).jpg

100_4082 (Large).jpg

100_4084 (Large).jpg

100_4085 (Large).jpg

Nice pic's CC05... yep that was a leaning burning and tuning ride for sure.....344 miles for me. Glad ya came up for the Putt Russ....and the nice comments ....too. Raydog-Russ

Back