Old helmet disposal?

They are all proudly on display in the man cave :cool:

1124 Almondvista 021b.jpg

1124 Almondvista 046.jpg

I love helmets! All shapes sizes, brands etc...(plus I hate throwing things out):rofl: I only have 5 now but am collecting more to have a display wall! I think it's gna be really cool.. Soooo.....Taking donations for all those who toss em':lol: no seriously tho :laugh:

i let my kids put them on and play silly games like...bicycle corn stalk jousting....mattress slam....battering ram.....stuff like that

I bought a replacement X11 and found I liked my original "old" one better. So I sold the new one and bought new insides (liner, cheek pads, & chin strap covers) for the old one and it's like brand new again. Love it!

What do you all do with your 'old' helmets when they are past the recommended usable life?
Past the recommended usable life? You mean when I get bored with them, or change bikes and want a helmet that matches the new bike? Put them on Craigslist of course :laugh:

Past the recommended usable life? You mean when I get bored with them, or change bikes and want a helmet that matches the new bike? Put them on Craigslist of course :laugh:

Well.. that's a thought that I never thought of.
Buying someone elses helmet strikes me as like buying someone elses underwear.
But if someone else would buy it from me, :goodidea:..

I kept the one I crashed in. I wanna put my bloody jacket and lid in a case on display.. still having a hard time talking my wife to let me do it

Most, if not all, helmet manufacturers state that you should replace your helmet every five years, or when dropped, etc. So to me the recommended usable life would be that 5 years...

Back