HELP.. Rectifier relocation problem!!

Can someone elaborate on why you would want to move it?

I read the post about it moving into the position on GenI's...but it didn't really answer the question. (no offense intended).

I'm just looking at the fact that this obviously takes effort to do and there must be some reason to want to move it in the first place...solve a problem that I'm unaware of? Make space where you want it for something else?

For it to be the first mod on a 0-mile bike, there must be a good reason behind it...I've just never heard of this mod :dunno:

looks. thats it. if you do the relocate kit, you still have the huge bracket unless you get rid of the belly wing too.

Alot of people lower their bike for drag racing or for just looks and then sometimes some places the belly pan will touch/scrape so they relocate it. Me personally I don't do either but I'm a fan of symmetry and didn't like how the belly pan came way back on right side and wasn't even visible on left side so I moved it . I think it makes for a much cleaner look but that's a question you'll get various opinions on .
7d978876.jpg

i like the way they look without the wing and bracket mess as well. not too sure if the underbracing would have cleared it either.

DSC01222.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

Last edited:
i like the way they look without the wing and bracket mess as well. not too sure if the underbracing would have cleared it either.

DSC01222.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

I like the way your bike looks. Have you thought about a blank kanji and some black gsxr stickers for the tail ?

I like the way your bike looks. Have you thought about a blank kanji and some black gsxr stickers for the tail ?

thanks and yea, im getting a new set of plastics to have repainted here pretty quick. i may graphic these up as the only thing that will be re-used is the tank and the hump. im debating whether to go crazy and get it all air brushed out. dunno really what im gonna do yet.

the reason im getting another set a hack painted these up and layered it on thick in some areas. incomplete coverage in others. some of the pieces werent completely disassembled when he painted it and its cracking there. wrinkles etc. it looks ok from a dist, at night, or at a glance. you get close and start really looking at it and it looks poor.

If your into top speed don't remove the back wing...it will cost you a solid 2mph or more at close to 200

I have plans on going to an LSR event and testing that theory . It only takes two minutes to reinstall it . I want to make some runs with and without it on to see as I think same . I bet you do lose a couple on the top .

I have plans on going to an LSR event and testing that theory . It only takes two minutes to reinstall it . I want to make some runs with and without it on to see as I think same . I bet you do lose a couple on the top .

I had my 2000 Busa slammed and I lost almost 3mph without it....I believe those south Florida boyz I ran with had some video of the same day same conditions same everything other then wing at 200 and Juan, Mark and those guys had video of it. I know I lost....so with me being a top speed fan...I'll keep mine =0) Whe Suz designed the bike they quickly found directing the wind near the rear wheel helped greatly at 190+

I had my 2000 Busa slammed and I lost almost 3mph without it....I believe those south Florida boyz I ran with had some video of the same day same conditions same everything other then wing at 200 and Juan, Mark and those guys had video of it. I know I lost....so with me being a top speed fan...I'll keep mine =0) Whe Suz designed the bike they quickly found directing the wind near the rear wheel helped greatly at 190+

i agree with that but if 2-3 mph is that big of a deal and your dedicated youve prob already considered an extended/modified piece. i plan to lsr but i just want to do my bike that way it is less gearing changes. i dont want it if i dont want to look at it. just imho.

Slick Ridgeway...and definitely needed in your case. Rectifier probably would have made contact from the pics.

Personally, I kinda like the rear wing though...and for Blanca - I do believe I've read where LSR guys have lost speed by removing it.

Man..wish I could remember the guys screen name...but he had a GenII Orange with a few mods...lowered, extended swingarm, etc...clean bike though.

But seriously, 2-3mph on a ~200 run? Surely wont kill your run! Good luck dude, I've thought about making a LSR event myself. Be awesome to ring her out....legally :laugh:

bummer dude! i guess i've been lucky, 3 busa's and never a rectifier problem.. i should be thankful!

Last edited:
what is the benefit of relocating the rectifier? i've owned 2 1st gen busas and now have a k8 busa and all of my rectifiers have been in the stock location and never had any problems. *knock on wood*

I asked the same...if you lower the bike, there's increased chance of dragging the rectifier...and for asthetics of not seeing the rectifier if you remove the wing...

bummer dude! i guess i've been lucky, 3 busa's and never a rectifier problem.. i should be thankful!

If you're 2nd gens rectifier is in the same spot as your first gens were it has been moved already. I moved mine because I took the whole bracket off and removed the body panel that also attaches to the same bracket. I am lowered in the rear so thAt was another reason.

Moving the rectifier isn't going to cause that issue SLEEPER. I would put it back in the OEM location and take it back to the dealer. Ya they get hot but shooting flames out the back is NOT normal. That is a warranty issue plain and simple...

Wow ! I've put almost 7,000 miles on my bike since I moved mine .
I did notice my right cheek seems to get a bit warmer now but your case is making me want to pull the tail off and check it .
This is def the first time I've read or seen anything negative regarding moving it .
So sorry for this to have happened .

13.2k on mine since I relocated in to the tail section. I moved mine due to all the chain lube and trash that kept getting on it. No issues so far.

I've been at work all day, so I've been away from the computer.
To answer some questions.
For those that say Suzuki designed it that way, so that's where it needs to be.
Sorry,
that arguement sounds good, but doesn't work. From 1999-2007 they were located where this mod puts it. NEVER a problem. If this theory held any merit, why would we need headers, turbos, air box mods, lowering links and every other of the thousands of mods out there. We are motorheads. We mod our stuff for OUR liking. We don't buy these bikes to leave alone. It's just not our nature.

Why did I relocate mine?
I'm a drag racer and a LS racer.
My bike is on the ground. Even on the smooth surface of the drag strip, it would have drug the wing on the launch, much less on the street.
0731101732a.jpg

I know I'm gonna have a hard time getting this past Suzuki. I've never seen them stand behind their warrantee on anything. This is my 4th Busa over the years.
If they don't pay, i'll just buy another rectifier and put it back in the same relocation spot. This is a rare case, as this in not a new modification and this would happen to everyone's rectifier if it were indeed a problem with relocating it..

The wing WILL be on the bike on October 22nd, at The Texas Mile.....

Thanks for everyone's input.
It's greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
13.2k on mine since I relocated in to the tail section. I moved mine due to all the chain lube and trash that kept getting on it. No issues so far.

Now that you say that I do remember picking all kinds of stuff out of the fins with back end of a toothbrush .
Another reason I moved it that I forgot about !

Back