HELP.. Rectifier relocation problem!!

SLEEPERBUSA

Registered
Ok,
so I get a brand new 09 with 0 miles and I relocate the rectifier onto the subframe like about 7,125,362 other GENII Busa owners have, and 350 miles later I'm at the gas station with my **** on fire, calling a wrecker and towing about 60 miles to the house.......at 2AM!!! :evil:
Yes, I said on FIRE!!
I ran into the gas station and asked the attendant if he has a fire extinguisher, he says NO......
NO FIRE EXTINGUESHER AT A GAS STATION!!!!!!
So I jog to the cooler and grab a bottle of water, trot outside and pour it down the right side of my subframe.
YEAH,
like it was gonna be THAT easy!!
So I run my fatazz right back in the store and grab a GALLON jug of water and ran right past the attendant again. This time I douched that shyte down. I saved myself a good gulp tho. By this time the adrenaline is flowing an I need a drink!!
I ain't very fokken happy about it either!

Has ANYONE at all experienced this, and if so, what was done to correct it??

THANKS in advance!!
Here are the carnage pictures.

0912100010a.jpg

Last edited:
So,
once on the wrecker, I disconnected the battery just because......
0912100212a.jpg

Today I decided to connect the battery to see what would happen.
Here is the result.
Click on the picture to see the video.
th_0912102026a.jpg

NO way am I trying to say that it's not a good mod. I have read thread after thread where everyone has done this with no problems.
That's why I am asking for help.
I am leaning towards a defective part, but I am very interested if others have had a problem, and I just haven't heard about it.

man that sucks i think these rectifiers need to be recalled. several have went out now we have one that has caught on fire. bunch of bs if you ask me. mine went out and i have less than 3k on my bike

definitely contact suzuki, my rectifier went out 3 weeks after having the bike. Shop replaced it, only took them 2 weeks to diaganose the problem even though i told them it was the rectifier the day i dropped it off. My wasn't nearly as bad as yours, but the rectifier was a tad melted on the back side and smelled like burnt electronics. Got in touch with suzuki hq and they took care of everything

Be prepared for susuki to give you crap for having messed with the location. Any excuse to deny responsibility.

Unfortunately after being on these boards for 10 years, I have heard over and over again how Suzuki screws people on the warrantee, so I'm sure of the results I will get.

Sorry to see this. Great info for us though. I hope you get some type of compensation from Suzuki. Let us know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow dude, glad you got to it before it went up in flames,

I wanted to move mine last few years but decided not to as I know it's get pretty hot and I wanted to leave it out in the air flow.

Good Luck on getn Suzukis help bro, ???

Wow ! I've put almost 7,000 miles on my bike since I moved mine .
I did notice my right cheek seems to get a bit warmer now but your case is making me want to pull the tail off and check it .
This is def the first time I've read or seen anything negative regarding moving it .
So sorry for this to have happened .

Back