What tells a timeslip ??

B-12

Registered
Hi
Sometimes some of you tell about the secrets hidden in timeslips.
Where should be looked , and how can a timeslip be interpreted in the different sections.
How can i get advantage of understanding the details.

Think thats interesting for hobby racers when a expert would explain this.

For propper results i give you some facts.
GenI-Shortbike (mods below)
Gearing 16-41
Driver about 180lb in complete dress
well prepared track
Shinko with about 24 PSI

I show 3 diferent slips , from same event same track ,driver and Bike.
One is an average , the one with highest topspeed ,and my personal best ET
I know and see myself that my 60s are not good and not constant.
What can you see also there ?
Thanks for coments

ImageShack Links Do Not WorkImageShack Links Do Not Work
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Last edited:
If your bike is running like it should, It all comes down to your 60foot. on your first time slip you went 1.90 with a 6.89 1/8ml On the last 1.81 with a 6.73 If you can get your 60s down in the 1.50s you should be in the 9 second zone. A lot of drag races are won or lost in the first 60 foot

To add to that, there was a point with me where my 60' would improve (because I was slipping the clutch more) but my 330' would increase (less drive down track from clutch slip). With my weight and stock wheelbase, I found it was better to not slip the clutch as much (almost bog) but get in the throttle sooner/quicker and my 330' would drop a bunch. I'm stuck in the low-1.6's on my 60' but 4.0-4.2 on my 330' which really dropped the ET and increased my MPH! :thumbsup:

It's a different animal running stock wheelbase vs a stretched bike. If you are still stock height, it's even tougher to get a good hard launch... :beerchug:

To add to that, there was a point with me where my 60' would improve (because I was slipping the clutch more) but my 330' would increase (less drive down track from clutch slip). With my weight and stock wheelbase, I found it was better to not slip the clutch as much (almost bog) but get in the throttle sooner/quicker and my 330' would drop a bunch. I'm stuck in the low-1.6's on my 60' but 4.0-4.2 on my 330' which really dropped the ET and increased my MPH! :thumbsup:

It's a different animal running stock wheelbase vs a stretched bike. If you are still stock height, it's even tougher to get a good hard launch... :beerchug:

I dont know how I missed this but it is some very good advice! I normally keep that info a secret, lol. I learned this a while ago. I was sharing a time slip with a friend who was in the 1.4s and I was in the 1.5s. My 330ft was in the 3.8-3.9 and he was a 4.0! I would run a better ET yet his mph was higher and he could never figure it out. If you watch are videos he would slip the clutch due to wheeling and coming out around 4-4.5K. I was just over idle and WOT at the tree. He could never make up the difference in the 1/8th.

That's why I chuckle when some people recommend leaving at such a high RPM or even dropping tire psi WAY down on a near stock bike. It doesn't always help... :laugh:

Alot of guys get wraped up in the 60ft but you need a good 330 to make a good time. of course you can't have a 2.00 60ft then have a good 330 but I've went 1.54 60 ft and 3.96 330 and then I've went 1.52 and 4.01.

That's why I chuckle when some people recommend leaving at such a high RPM or even dropping tire psi WAY down on a near stock bike. It doesn't always help... :laugh:

So true....................I ran 17 psi in my Shinko all day yesterday with a bunch of consistent 1.46 60ft passes. Good for a 5.9 on motor.

Thats it :poke::bowdown: good advice :thumbsup:

Again a little seattime ,and i could improve again.
Bike is now top on the dyno ,and track.
Im far away from WOT on the 60s , but can slip it with the clutch over the wheelie in first.
start now at 4.5k ,shinko at 24PSI, and 16-41 ,and pass the trap on 4th just hitting the limiter. short bike GenI , not yet strapped ,but lowered 1"front and 2" rear

Thanks for advice and helpfull hints :bowdown:

just sorry , they had no 330 trap

RRD050910.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats man... :thumbsup:

It's all in the launch, everyone can do it with practice. Keep working that clutch and the times will continue to drop... :beerchug:

As a beginner ,every day on the track with about 15 launches braught my 60s down about 0.1 second.

In all about 50 launches on track and 20 on lonely roads for the feeling to reach the 1.7sec 60s
First time i only got one time a 1.94 , next time 1.95 to 1.85
Now i am between 1.85 and 1.71 as best.
Think its gettin harder now :poke:

Made a video of my dashboard ,and see on the tach that im not realy quick revin up in first. I have a little "rest" at 7-8k
Will work on this area next time.

Its so addicting:banghead: :tantrum::thumbsup:need a new shinko , and will order a new clutch as sparepart :please:

P1020652-k.jpg

P1020656-k.jpg

P1020657.JPG

Back