Twotones Labor Day Weekend Hallett Thread

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I have lots of pics guys. Here we go.

Dan, Diana, Mike, Shannon, Shane and Marie all showed up Saturday night.

Labor Day Hallett 041.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 042.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 043.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 044.jpg

We all kinds of steak, chicken, pork chops, hor dourves out the ying yang. Shannon was happy. :laugh:

Labor Day Hallett 045.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 046.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 047.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 048.jpg

Getting up at 4:30 wasnt fun, but it worked out. Nice and cool that morning, 56 degrees according to my truck.

Labor Day Hallett 049.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 050.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 051.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 052.jpg

The only mishap of the day, Hillybilly Tom had an accident coming into turn 9. Again, Tom, I am very sorry my friend. Tom did ride at least two more sessions this day. :bowdown:

Labor Day Hallett 053.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 054.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 055.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 056.jpg

Mike got his knee down for the first time Sunday, way to go Bro! :cheerleader:

Labor Day Hallett 057.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 058.jpg

We got up this morning and started breakfast about 7:30. Biscuits, cream gravy, chocolate gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, fresh fruits, pancakes, and I offered toast, but nobody wanted any. ??? :laugh:

Labor Day Hallett 059.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 060.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 062.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 063.jpg

Guys, let me tell you. I am so proud of my machine and what it is capable of. Wow, she felt solid and stable and the new Q-2's mounted up, she cornered like she was on rails. I have never felt this level of confidence. Come in the corner, lay her over, and just use throttle control to maneuver the bike. It was a great feeling to be able to pass slower riders while coming around the outside of them in a curve, with my knee down. Power and precision, this is addictive.

Labor Day Hallett 006.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 007.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 008.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 009.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 010.jpg

I followed UncleSteve for session or two. All I could do was giggle when we walked away from me, this man can ride. Thank you Steve for showing me the proper lines and getting me to break some bad habits. The rest of my day was more enjoyable and I felt more in control after you worked with me.

Labor Day Hallett 011.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 012.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 013.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 014.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 015.jpg

This was a fantastic day and we had quite a few members out there. Also met two other hayabusa pilots, Jay Hill from Owasso, and Shane from Broken Arrow. Good to meet you guys.

Labor Day Hallett 016.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 017.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 018.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 019.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 020.jpg

A few shots of the track itself. I have some GoPro video I need to upload and edit, I will post that up later. We watched it on the big screen last night when we got home, holy cow that was fun! :cheerleader:

Labor Day Hallett 023.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 024.jpg

Labor Day Hallett 040.jpg

The only mishap of the day, Hillybilly Tom had an accident coming into turn 9. Again, Tom, I am very sorry my friend. Tom did ride at least two more sessions this day. :bowdown:

As Arny says.. "I'll be back".:laugh:
A momentary setback. Should be good as new by spring. Then I'm getting a pre-wrecked 600. Hotbodies plastic, and I can fix it with Duck Tape and stickers if I fall down.:thumbsup:

As Arny says.. "I'll be back".:laugh:
A momentary setback. Should be good as new by spring. Then I'm getting a pre-wrecked 600. Hotbodies plastic, and I can fix it with Duck Tape and stickers if I fall down.:thumbsup:

Good for you bro! :cheerleader: Like I said, I am just happy you walked away from it.

Great pics James! Man you are really throwing that thing around! Proud of you Bro!

James, watching you ride yesterday was incredible. It was like two different people from the first track day. I was saying to myself.... and he was worried about coming to the track? You tore it up!!! :bowdown:

Then I rode with Doug and Ward, how much they improved impressed the heck out of me! I thought, man these guys are gonna leave me behind if I don't keep turning on the gas.. :thumbsup:

My pics were not near as impressive. I was making pretty good progress the first few session but was starting to feel the fatigue by the end of the 4th session. The last two I was just riding a slower pace and working on different techniques and watching the bikes go by me. In the 6th session on the exit of one 180 turn, one slid by me, hit the grass, and dug in. After a few flips it there was 7-8' of clear air under it at one time. Results = R1 destroyed but the rider walked away.

A few from the Hallett Photog

Looks good to me. Got the look THROUGH the turn going on, body position is good for first time HART rider.
Whether you realize it or not, the addiction is set just that quick.:laugh:
Nothing like the race track IMO.

Back